Quest 3 owners etc

well if you got any freind or family / kids in to Vr you have a spare code for them. is another thing.
some people by extra copies and then give them away also. i.e. like humblebundle items

well if you got any freind or family / kids in to Vr you have a spare code for them. is another thing.
some people by extra copies and then give them away also. i.e. like humblebundle items

Good point, I'll give it to my son when we call and visit.

He'll then ask me to buy him a headset to go with it. :D

what are arents for :D
but the flip side is there are multiplay games and co-op games as well so its something you might be able to do half regularly togeather if you have that type of relationshio
walkabout mini golf is like the go to for that sort of thing as example. chill relaxed and not overly competative.
or you have after the fall (left for dead style)

Yeah I thought you might have meant the BOVO one but figured I'd ask as this isn't my area at the mo...

Just need to decide if I want the battery KK one or the normal batteryless version, does the battery pack help balance the weight distribution better than the non-battery version, or does it throw it out to far to the rear of the headset?

Yeah I thought you might have meant the BOVO one but figured I'd ask as this isn't my area at the mo...

Just need to decide if I want the battery KK one or the normal batteryless version, does the battery pack help balance the weight distribution better than the non-battery version, or does it throw it out to far to the rear of the headset?

The cheaper non battery one does not seem to have the padding on the rear head pad..?

The battery pack does indeed balance the unit out from otherwise being front heavy. But it is the extra capacity that, for us, is also important.

As noted we bought an additional battery pack, for us it is useful. We had a few grandchildren round yesterday to look after, a couple of the older ones were able to swap the unit between them and in turn we could just swap out the battery.

Get the battery one for sure. It balances it out perfectly and even though I have double the weight on my head, it seems like its lighter due to the balance.

Just downloaded V69 of the PTC. It looks like they removed the little ball at the end of the controller pointer 'beam'. So unless you have the in-VR windows close up, you cant tell what you're pointing at. Some items do highlight when you have the hand controller 'beam' pointing at them, it was almost impossible to find the edges of the windows and move them around.
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

Just downloaded V69 of the PTC. It looks like they removed the little ball at the end of the controller pointer 'beam'. So unless you have the in-VR windows close up, you cant tell what you're pointing at. Some items do highlight when you have the hand controller 'beam' pointing at them, it was almost impossible to find the edges of the windows and move them around.
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

After a few more restarts the pointer ball is back

Well, it turns out the V68 downloaded and installed for me. I did note the Q3 having a couple of software updates, but only just got around to checking if it was a firmware update, seems that it was.

Get the battery one for sure. It balances it out perfectly and even though I have double the weight on my head, it seems like its lighter due to the balance.

Oh my god, so much better than the stock strap, and even though it weighs more, the distribution of that weight makes a huge different..

Haha yeah I thought that the other day and I've not really used mine in anger yet..

I wonder how hard it would be to have some sort of additional storage built into a small USB 'thing' on the port on the side with a passthru so you could still use the port for charging etc, given the headset is Android based, cant be that hard surely, just have something that allows media and screen shots and so on pushed to the external storage like we used to do in the old days where the OS would know the storage was there and gave you the option to use it as the default save location..

Last edited:
Haha yeah I thought that the other day and I've not really used mine in anger yet..

I wonder how hard it would be to have some sort of additional storage built into a small USB 'thing' on the port on the side with a passthru so you could still use the port for charging etc, given the headset is Android based, cant be that hard surely, just have something that allows media and screen shots and so on pushed to the external storage like we used to do in the old days where the OS would know the storage was there and gave you the option to use it as the default save location..

The basic quest software doesn't let you see extra storage. Perhaps one of the addon file managers will let you see it and move files to it.

Back
Top Bottom