Quest 3 owners etc

Right, decided I'm going to take the dive and get a Q3 soon, but I have a question around "where" to buy games. I have a decent PC (5800x3D with 4090) and the first game I'm going to buy is Shooty Fruity, as I have great memories of getting it at eurogamer. Do I get it on Steam and limit myself to playing it on PC (but probably at 'max' quality) or get it from the meta store? What do people do in this situation?

1. First check if there's a PC version on either the Meta Store or the Steam Store, and if that PC version is markedly better.
2. If the game is crossbuy on Meta, buy that version as you get both Quest and PC versions.
3. If the game isn't crossbuy and the PC version is better, buy it on Steam.
4. If the game benefits from large roomscale, and the Meta version is good, then buy that version, as you can take the game anywhere, rather than being tied to your PC.
5. If it's a multiplayer game check if it supports crossplay. If not then the Meta version will have the biggest player base.
6. Some games are just very good on the Quest natively anyway and not worth bothering getting on PC, e.g. Walkabout Minigolf.

Back
Top Bottom