Quest 3 owners etc

It really depends on your gaming habits. Virtually all meta games now use cloud saves, so uninstalling/reinstalling is no issue. It's only if you're someone who often swaps between several big games, that this would be an issue.

I've got Asgards Wrath 2 installed, Star wars tales of galaxy edge, walkabout, breachers, demeo, rec room, beat saber, pistol whip and some others I'm sure, all installed, and it does me fine. When batman comes out, I'll likely uninstall one of them (or make more of an effort to finish AW2 or SWtoge).
yep i have over 100 titles installed (153 including the inbuilt quest default apps) and i have 100gb free at the moment.
for the 512 was best option. i just have everything laoded in case i want to quickly swap around or a change. it sone reason i tried Max Mustard and Siltz because it was already installed.

This was the repair video, and channel, noted for the battery replacement....

I was surprised at how much stripping down was needed before the battery could be replaced, not really being accessible for an easy to replace solution.

Interesting that the improved lenses on the Q3 can, in some situations, reveal some shortcomings in previously coded Q2 titles.
i'll pay some one o change it... i can guarantee i'll break 3 latesh, strip 5 screws, drop the bolt, loose the screws i put down and glare at the quest for 30mins before put it in a box and getting angry at my self

yep i have over 100 titles installed (153 including the inbuilt quest default apps) and i have 100gb free at the moment.
for the 512 was best option. i just have everything laoded in case i want to quickly swap around or a change. it sone reason i tried Max Mustard and Siltz because it was already installed.

i'll pay some one o change it... i can guarantee i'll break 3 latesh, strip 5 screws, drop the bolt, loose the screws i put down and glare at the quest for 30mins before put it in a box and getting angry at my self

Overall I would tend to agree with that. Probably not being sure as to the source of the replacement battery being decent or not would also put me off.
It would depend tho if the cost of such a repair is worthwhile, by paying someone else do it inc shipping etc.

i always wanted a projector in my room, now the Quest 3 has saved me money and hassel of buying and sorting one out.

Has anyone else noticed that Quest (game/app) referrals are now only 15%? Apparently the referrer now gets between £1 & £4 depending on the product's original price, according to a post I saw on Meta's forums anyway.
seems to be a sign of either a tighter market / cost savings or the VR market not needing the stimulas.. or both

Last edited:
Am I missing something, or does Meta Quest + (Which I just remembered to redeem my free 6 months of) only have 15 games on it? Seems a bit pap compared to something like MS gamepass!
Any of them particularly worth downloading?

Am I missing something, or does Meta Quest + (Which I just remembered to redeem my free 6 months of) only have 15 games on it? Seems a bit pap compared to something like MS gamepass!
Any of them particularly worth downloading?
Every two weeks they add 2 games to your personal collection, if you remember to redeem them. The longer you keep it, the more you have.

It's actually pretty good value if you don't have a VR library. Though I have continued the subscription for a bit, I don't think there are any games so far that I didn't already have that I wanted to play, as I already have a huge library.

Last edited:
Right, decided I'm going to take the dive and get a Q3 soon, but I have a question around "where" to buy games. I have a decent PC (5800x3D with 4090) and the first game I'm going to buy is Shooty Fruity, as I have great memories of getting it at eurogamer. Do I get it on Steam and limit myself to playing it on PC (but probably at 'max' quality) or get it from the meta store? What do people do in this situation?

Right, decided I'm going to take the dive and get a Q3 soon, but I have a question around "where" to buy games. I have a decent PC (5800x3D with 4090) and the first game I'm going to buy is Shooty Fruity, as I have great memories of getting it at eurogamer. Do I get it on Steam and limit myself to playing it on PC (but probably at 'max' quality) or get it from the meta store? What do people do in this situation?

Not sure if Shooty Fruity is one of those games, but some games are crossbuy.. so that if you buy it on the meta store, you can both use on the Quest 3 standalone, or run it on PCVR using the META PC app.

I would do a search for comparisons. There will be reviews for any game and chances are someone has created a YouTube video directly comparing the two versions. For me if there wasn't a significant quality or price advantage to buying PC VR, I would go with a Meta stand alone version for playing convenience.

For simpler games I'd suggest standalone. I'd also suggest looking to see if they're crossbuy, so if you buy one version, you get the other free, so you can use that for pcvr/standalone.

Back
Top Bottom