Quest 3 owners etc

I thought the max bitrate is 200mbs? Can you go even higher? Im using Deco M4's on a mesh network and it works perfect for wireless, never have any dropouts especially since i upgraded to a 4090 as well.

If i can go higher than 200mbs on wireless that would be awesome!

Open Oculus Debug Tool and change the codec to H264 and up it to 400 or 500 bitrate.

Result, wired levels of image quality, wireless.

You have to have a very decent WiFi setup to do that.

Last edited:
Open Oculus Debug Tool and change the codec to H264 and up it to 400 or 500 bitrate.

Result, wired levels of image quality, wireless.

You have to have a very decent WiFi setup to do that.

im on BT 500 and my main deco is in the office for the best reception with my pc being hardwired as well. Gonna give this a try tonight, 500 would be amazeballs!

im on BT 500 and my main deco is in the office for the best reception with my pc being hardwired as well. Gonna give this a try tonight, 500 would be amazeballs!

Mesh Networks aren't the best for higher bitrates. The higher bitrates really push up the latency in a mesh network. Depends on how you have it setup of course. But don't be too surprised if you can't get 500.

Mesh Networks aren't the best for higher bitrates. The higher bitrates really push up the latency in a mesh network. Depends on how you have it setup of course. But don't be too surprised if you can't get 500.

Yeah i'd be happy with it just being higher than 300 tbh.

Im running it over PPPOE, i'll test this tonight and see how it goes.

Edit: If i change it in the oculus debug tool, will this automatically change on airlink settings when im in PC mode where you get set the slider to 200mbs?

Last edited:
Edit: If i change it in the oculus debug tool, will this automatically change on airlink settings when im in PC mode where you get set the slider to 200mbs?

Yes. The debug tool bitrate overrides the PC app settings.

H264 is also what wired link uses. Wireless normally uses H265 but the encoder can't really go above 200 reliably.

Yes. The debug tool bitrate overrides the PC app settings.

H264 is also what wired link uses. Wireless normally uses H265 but the encoder can't really go above 200 reliably.

Should i disable Encode dynamic bitrate? Its on default.

I've set Video codec to H264 and set the encode bitrate to 400. Left everything else alone.

Back
Top Bottom