Quest 3 owners etc

Associate
I assume we're going to be able to do referrals for the free $30 credit when activating our Quest 3's, afaik we can't post them in this forum, so how do we them? By PM? Or I seem to remember there was a sub-forum on here somewhere that could be used?

Soldato
OP
I assume we're going to be able to do referrals for the free $30 credit when activating our Quest 3's, afaik we can't post them in this forum, so how do we them? By PM? Or I seem to remember there was a sub-forum on here somewhere that could be used?

Don't know, might only be the brand new users that can take advantage. I'm not opening a new account to get it, since I've got a lot of games already on my account.

Soldato
Not sure if this is the right place but if I wanted to dabble in PCVR without buying a 6E router can I just plug it in via cable into the PC?

Associate
Not sure if this is the right place but if I wanted to dabble in PCVR without buying a 6E router can I just plug it in via cable into the PC?
Yes you can use a USB cable, the Meta one is expensive, some 3rd party one's are ok and much cheaper, I used an Anker cable from the rain forest.

Underboss

hi

Yeah, 2 ways you can do it

Via WIFI or via USB-C

you don't need a wifi 6e router, most people use 5GHz ones fine on the Quest 2
The Quest 3 "supports" "upto" 6E, but you don't need it, depends on your situation etc

cables are around £20 I think ? , no idea if quest 3 could be any different to the Quest 2 ones (i doubt it)

Last edited:
Soldato
you don't need a wifi 6e router, most people use 5GHz ones fine on the Quest 2
The Quest 3 "supports" "upto" 6E, but you don't need it, depends on your situation etc

6E isn't necessary but it just works better as it's a much less congested spectrum, plus the bandwidth means you can up the bitrate and get wired quality using wireless.

For most people 5Ghz is fine, it's just there is a quality drop compared to cable (which isn't noticeable in most games but some games like Skyrim can really suffer) unless you tweak some settings and you may not be able to achieve the best quality if there's WiFi congestion.

Quest 3 supposedly supports AV1 encoding which potentially will give better quality.

Soldato
Just phoned very I am getting the £100 credit. It will show in my account once the quest is dispatched.

Lucky you. I've ordered a Q3 several times with the Welcome discount but each time my account ends up showing that the order has been declined. Got through to customer service today who advised that my account had failed "additional checks" and they can't do anything over the phone and sending me a letter. VERY annoying!

I have now got one pre ordered with JL as a backup, but not at such a good deal. :(

On the positive side I think with JL you get an extra year of warranty?

Last edited:
Soldato
6E isn't necessary but it just works better as it's a much less congested spectrum, plus the bandwidth means you can up the bitrate and get wired quality using wireless.

For most people 5Ghz is fine, it's just there is a quality drop compared to cable (which isn't noticeable in most games but some games like Skyrim can really suffer) unless you tweak some settings and you may not be able to achieve the best quality if there's WiFi congestion.

Quest 3 supposedly supports AV1 encoding which potentially will give better quality.

I thought the max bitrate is 200mbs? Can you go even higher? Im using Deco M4's on a mesh network and it works perfect for wireless, never have any dropouts especially since i upgraded to a 4090 as well.

If i can go higher than 200mbs on wireless that would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom