Quest 3 owners etc

Anyone able to assist, started using Virtual Desktop, but when launch a game, I can hear no sound..I can hear sound in the environment before launching, but nothing after that.
I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm struggling to find it.
You need to take your headset off and go into sound settings and change the output audio to virtual sound device i think it's called

Last edited:
zaqqgiA.jpg

Im using the official one I have been using it was working fine until this week and now it stops charging after about 10 secs and the headset wont recognise it. Its a HUGE problem apparently meta are not shipping any more until its resolved and replacements are taking 2-4 weeks. I will just send it back for a refund.

Hi folks,

anyone mind keeping me right on the quest 3 please?
Just got one for my daughter for christmas, got no idea about these and never even used VR.
Did some googling/youtube of setup etc so I know my way around that but also saw some videos about returning because of faulty charging cycles and dead pixels.

Anything in particular to look out for? Apart from update the thing, fully charge and take a look for brightness difference and dead pixels in each lens?

Saw another post on here about the BOBOVR C2 Carry Case, so I'll grab that.
Are there any lens protectors?
My daughter is a bit scatty, hardly looks after a pair of shoes or closes a door. So anything else you could advise to protect the thing, insurance?
I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

VR wave plano lenses are decent, and can be had for as little as £23 with discount codes.

I don't know how much kids go for on the open market, but I am sure you could exchange yours for a Quest 3? Would solve all your time problems and probably give you some cash in hand too!! Win-win.

:p

Seriously though, the Quest 3 is pretty impressive. There was some quality control issues at the start but I am not seeing as many reports of dead pixels etc now. I am surprised at how much I like the MR, it really adds to the games that I have tried. The thing is, the Quest 3 will improve over time as well. So if money isn't an issue, I would say it's must buy over the Quest 2.

Seriously no.2. You have been promising that "early routine" for your little one for months now. I am beginning to think it's like Half Life 3, just a myth. And in 18 years time JoeBoi will still be saying "lads, I will be with you next week, will definitely have the little one on an early routine" :p
Haha. We've recently started getting her down between half 7 and 8. Monday just gone I planned on logging on, but didn't get her down till late. We're being forced into earlier routine next year because of nursery :D. So fingers crossed, should be able to make games regularly again.

How is the headstrap on the Q3? Is a 'pro' or third party one required?

(snip)

Did some googling/youtube of setup etc so I know my way around that but also saw some videos about returning because of faulty charging cycles and dead pixels.

Anything in particular to look out for? Apart from update the thing, fully charge and take a look for brightness difference and dead pixels in each lens?

(snip)
For dead pixels, use this site (or similar) to test for them : https://immersha.com/webvr/vr-pixel-test.html in your Q3 open the web browser app, browse to this site, select the icon in the bottom right to start the test. Basically it fills your whole view with different coloured screens so that any dead pixels should hopefully stand out.

Hi folks,

anyone mind keeping me right on the quest 3 please?
Just got one for my daughter for christmas, got no idea about these and never even used VR.

Saw another post on here about the BOBOVR C2 Carry Case, so I'll grab that.
Are there any lens protectors?
My daughter is a bit scatty, hardly looks after a pair of shoes or closes a door. So anything else you could advise to protect the thing, insurance?
I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

She needs to keep the lenses away from direct sunlight. They act as a magnifying glass and burn the screens causing permanent damage.

Haha. We've recently started getting her down between half 7 and 8. Monday just gone I planned on logging on, but didn't get her down till late. We're being forced into earlier routine next year because of nursery :D. So fingers crossed, should be able to make games regularly again.

How is the headstrap on the Q3? Is a 'pro' or third party one required?

As you can tell from my last post I am single with no idea about kids at all. But good to hear that you will be getting into some sort of routine next year. :)

The strap depends on you. I am still using the stock strap. At the moment I have no requirement for extra battery life as I don't get to play for more than an hour or two anyway. Comfort wise, the stock strap is ok for me. Once I get it into a comfortable spot it's fine. The problem is that every time you take the headset off and put it back on again you have to adjust the strap again to find the comfortable fit. Maybe if I played for longer it would start to really bother me, but it's not so uncomfortable that I want to rush out and buy a custom one. Whereas with the Quest 2, I was looking for a head strap straight away. I even bought the elite strap while I was waiting for the custom strap to be delivered.

That said, I do plan to move to a custom strap eventually. Just waiting for a good sale and to see what other straps are released.

but it's not so uncomfortable that I want to rush out and buy a custom one.

I also found the stock strap fine but wanted something more comfortable and found it. What you haven't experienced you don't miss, but if you put on a BoboVR or one of the other recommended straps that people here are using, you'll notice a massive difference and I really think you'll be saying to yourself "why on earth did I stick with the stock strap for so long" and you won't want to go back to it. :)

Last edited:
As you can tell from my last post I am single with no idea about kids at all. But good to hear that you will be getting into some sort of routine next year. :)

The strap depends on you. I am still using the stock strap. At the moment I have no requirement for extra battery life as I don't get to play for more than an hour or two anyway. Comfort wise, the stock strap is ok for me. Once I get it into a comfortable spot it's fine. The problem is that every time you take the headset off and put it back on again you have to adjust the strap again to find the comfortable fit. Maybe if I played for longer it would start to really bother me, but it's not so uncomfortable that I want to rush out and buy a custom one. Whereas with the Quest 2, I was looking for a head strap straight away. I even bought the elite strap while I was waiting for the custom strap to be delivered.

That said, I do plan to move to a custom strap eventually. Just waiting for a good sale and to see what other straps are released.
Thanks Mel :), I'll check out the Q3 in the new year. I find the elite strap for Quest 2 a bit uncomfortable at times tbh. I'd like to try the stock strap for a while as well before I write it off.

Back
Top Bottom