Quest 3 owners etc

Just seen that the T.W.D. Saints & Sinners graphical updates for the Quest 3 are now live, looks good, not pcvr quality but much better than before.
Had a look myself yesterday after hearing the news. Loaded it up but didn’t notice any difference. Is there a list anywhere of the changes. In dungeons of eternity you can turn the enhancements on/off for example

Afternoon all,

I dont suppose any of you know where its possible to try on a quest 3 at all? Or does anyone live close to Bedfordshire (Leighton Buzzard)

Long story short, i have a Quest 2, which ive been finding myself really enjoying again recenetly, and would like to upgrade to the 3 purely based on imagine clarity increases alone, but given the cost involved, i only really want to do it if i know the resolution and difference in blur etc. is a noticeable upgrade and worth the cost.

Any feedback in the above would also be welcomed, from users who thought the Q2 was always a bit blurry, or perhaps its time for me to get an eye test done too!
It's definitely worth getting an eye test done, even if your eyesight is out by just a bit it can make a big difference in VR. VR lens inserts means you don't need glasses when in VR. I live nowhere near you sorry so can't help you out in testing a Q3. Amazon have a good returns policy if you want to test 1 out maybe.
Had a look myself yesterday after hearing the news. Loaded it up but didn’t notice any difference. Is there a list anywhere of the changes. In dungeons of eternity you can turn the enhancements on/off for example
Here's the details (copied from Reddit) -

Changelog:
  • Increased walker count (up to 100% more walkers)
  • Better materials, shades, reflections, post-processing effects
  • Increased texture resolution and level of detail
  • New dynamic light sources and shadows added
  • Additional layers of dirt, grime, and other texture overlays
  • Dynamic shadows added to characters to feel connected to the ground
  • Dynamic shadows added to the flashlight to increase impact of dark maps
  • Bloom, lighting, fire, and fog fidelity increased
Please note: This update is only for the Quest 3. Quest 2 and below remains on the previous version: Shipping / 2023.03.19 / build 316225 - STAGE

(I'm not sure if you can toggle these things off/on, I think you'd notice them though if you have them).

Had a look myself yesterday after hearing the news. Loaded it up but didn’t notice any difference.
I thought the improvement in texture quality, character models and lighting in saints and sinners were pretty noticeable. It looked fairly blurry, flat and low resolution on the Quest 3 prior to the update.

Also worth noting that currently only chapter one has the updated visuals. No word on whether the sequel will be updated as far as I know.

Edit: stole this Q2/Q3 comparison video from the other thread!

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

I dont suppose any of you know where its possible to try on a quest 3 at all? Or does anyone live close to Bedfordshire (Leighton Buzzard)

Long story short, i have a Quest 2, which ive been finding myself really enjoying again recenetly, and would like to upgrade to the 3 purely based on imagine clarity increases alone, but given the cost involved, i only really want to do it if i know the resolution and difference in blur etc. is a noticeable upgrade and worth the cost.

Any feedback in the above would also be welcomed, from users who thought the Q2 was always a bit blurry, or perhaps its time for me to get an eye test done too!

You might be able to find some Quest 3 headsets on display in a big PC World with the demo running. I've found the lenses a huge improvement with no more trying to find the sweet spot, you just put them on. Pass through is much better and the audio is better and goes louder.

You might be able to find some Quest 3 headsets on display in a big PC World with the demo running. I've found the lenses a huge improvement with no more trying to find the sweet spot, you just put them on. Pass through is much better and the audio is better and goes louder up to eleven.
^FTFY

I've found the lenses a huge improvement with no more trying to find the sweet spot, you just put them on.

I would say the sweet spot is the biggest improvement. I love the fact I can now put on the Q3 headset, wear it for hours and never worry about having to adjust it to get the focus right as it moves about. I found with Q1,Q2 and PSVR 1/2 I was constantly adjusting the headset whilst it’s on to get the focus right. With the pancake lenses it’s always in focus as the sweet spot is massive.

The image clarity/sharpness is noticeably better as well. Also, the field of view is substantially wider than the other headsets I own. Plus you obviously have the new chipset which to me makes the visuals look closer to PC/console whereas before there was always that “Quest Port” flat low detail look about many of the games

I’d say it’s worth the upgrade cost if you use it regularly.

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

I would love to try one too, I visited Currys recently and thought I was in luck because I saw a 3 out on display, my enthusiasm didn't last very long as it was a non-working model.

I can't understand why no place seems to be demoing the real thing, as other vr headsets are readily available in amusement arcades etc.

I would love to try one too, I visited Currys recently and thought I was in luck because I saw a 3 out on display, my enthusiasm didn't last very long as it was a non-working model.

I can't understand why no place seems to be demoing the real thing, as other vr headsets are readily available in amusement arcades etc.

Sebastian Ang from MTRV has a 'try my tech' thing going. Described as airbnb for VR headsets. It's not kicked off in the UK much yet.

Last edited:
Hello, so I'm thinking about getting one of these quest things... It's probably been asked many times in this thread but it's late and I don't want to read 98 pages of things..
Anyway my question is.. Is the quest 3 worth the extra cost over the 2?
I'll be using it on PC for flight sims (MSFS, IL2) and racing (Assetto) and it seems to have its own built in games like virtual golf so I'll do that too.
I'll buy whatever the great collective minds of OCUK tell me XX

Hello, so I'm thinking about getting one of these quest things... It's probably been asked many times in this thread but it's late and I don't want to read 98 pages of things..
I'll be using it on PC for flight sims (MSFS, IL2) and racing (Assetto) and it seems to have its own built in games like virtual golf so I'll do that too.

Yes

Depends on your finances really. It is significantly better, but the 2 is still a solid device.

My usual advice is buy a second hand q2, preferably with upgraded headstrap, for around £150-170, see if you enjoy vr. If the q2 is enough, great, if not you can sell it for little loss, and get the 3.

Yep I love my quest 2 with a Kiwi design strap, powerbank added at back as well. I charge the powerbank in morning, does for me whole of day, probably most days I use the headset for at least 2 hours.

I have added a cheapish facial interface from aliexpress with 8mm foam backing which I am sure increases the FOV (field of View)

For £250 at Argos its an amazing bit of kit. Though the Quest 3 is undoubtedly better with its pancake lenses, I honestly believe that Meta is keeping the price for it high so far, so as to offset the probable loss on the quest 2 at £250

Last edited:
Are people hanging onto their Quest 2 or selling it on? Must admit that I haven't used mine at all since getting the Quest 3 at launch.

I couldn't use my Quest 3 until I got a comfortable facial interface for it, but now I tend to use my Q3 for PCVR and Q2 for mahoosive roomscale experiences.

Are people hanging onto their Quest 2 or selling it on? Must admit that I haven't used mine at all since getting the Quest 3 at launch.

I've given my Quest 2 to my son, but I would have kept it anyway as a backup just in case the Quest 3 had to be sent away for repair etc.

I've given my Quest 2 to my son, but I would have kept it anyway as a backup just in case the Quest 3 had to be sent away for repair etc.

I have a bad tendency to hang onto stuff that I have replaced just in case I need it as a backup one day. I said "bad" because in reality it all just sits there taking up space!

Reactions: SPG
Back
Top Bottom