Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
You probably have "seated" selected in the preferences - same happened to me.

Check the options and make sure you have standing VR selected

edit - sorry I misread, when I had the issue it was that I was floating higher than the floor (seated selected while playing standing)... worth double checking the setting corresponds to how you are playing though as if you are playing seated and have selected standing in the options I expect you'd see what you've got.

Thanks. Actually I selected standing when I first started the game. I don't think it had changed but I'll certainly take a look. However, I think I have it sorted now using the floor height setting in the meta boundary options, and I seem to be standing at the correct height in the game relative to the ground.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone seen anything about the Quest+ games for November?

Don't want to buy something in the sale today only for it to be one of the included games.

Associate
I find VD to be much better , have streaming bitrate set to 120 and the quality is superb
Watching YouTube on my entire living room wall in passthrough mode is amazing as are the other environments.
Well worth the purchase
Better than the built-in youtube app on the quest ?

Soldato
Oh dear, I've been really spoiled. I bought and installed Resident Evil 4 last night and after having been playing Red Matter 2 and Republique VR for a few days, RE4 scenery graphics sure look dated and of course, fair enough, it's over 16 years old. Red Matter 2 graphics is a hard act to follow though and now I want every game to look like that. I've only just gone through the RE4 tutorial so played less than 2 hours and could get a refund if I wanted, but on the other hand, maybe I should just play it and hopefully I won't worry about the graphics after a while?

Associate
Oh dear, I've been really spoiled. I bought and installed Resident Evil 4 last night and after having been playing Red Matter 2 and Republique VR for a few days, RE4 scenery graphics sure look dated and of course, fair enough, it's over 16 years old. Red Matter 2 graphics is a hard act to follow though and now I want every game to look like that. I've only just gone through the RE4 tutorial so played less than 2 hours and could get a refund if I wanted, but on the other hand, maybe I should just play it and hopefully I won't worry about the graphics after a while?
The graphics are quite dated yeh, should have mentioned that when you were asking about it. They are ok for Quest 2 standalone but as you say they don't match up to the likes of Red Matter 2 on the Quest 3.

Associate
Does anyone know the process of getting Asgards Wrath 2 for free? Afaik it's not being released to around Xmas time, i've not read anywhere about we get the game, will it just become available to download when it's released?

Associate
Does anyone know the process of getting Asgards Wrath 2 for free? Afaik it's not being released to around Xmas time, i've not read anywhere about we get the game, will it just become available to download when it's released?

You should have received an e-mail asking you to claim a copy. If you do that, you'll be able to download it from the quest store when it becomes available.

It will probably just say "Get" instead of the usual listed price.

Soldato

Yeah I thought the graphics looked terrible in RE4. However, once I stopped looking at the graphics and started playing the game I really enjoyed it for the most part. The QTEs are very annoying though.

Overall I was glad I kept it and didn't return it. There are some pretty intense fights in it.

Soldato
The graphics are quite dated yeh, should have mentioned that when you were asking about it. They are ok for Quest 2 standalone but as you say they don't match up to the likes of Red Matter 2 on the Quest 3.
Yeah I thought the graphics looked terrible in RE4. However, once I stopped looking at the graphics and started playing the game I really enjoyed it for the most part. The QTEs are very annoying though.

Overall I was glad I kept it and didn't return it. There are some pretty intense fights in it.

Thanks guys. I'll probably keep it then. When I made my decision to buy it I had tossed a coin between RE4 and Saints and Sinners. I'm guessing I might be happier with S&S graphics, or not? On the other hand, if S&S is just zombies and no big boss fights and no massive monsters towering over me as I believe RE4 has, I might get bored.

Soldato
Thanks guys. I'll probably keep it then. When I made my decision to buy it I had tossed a coin between RE4 and Saints and Sinners. I'm guessing I might be happier with S&S graphics, or not? On the other hand, if S&S is just zombies and no big boss fights and no massive monsters towering over me as I believe RE4 has, I might get bored.

I don't know if this answers your question or not, But I played Saints and Sinners in PCVR. So better Graphics than the Standalone version. However, I never finished it. Can't give a real reason why I stopped playing. I always seemed to be forcing myself to play it rather than looking forward to playing it. If you get what I am saying? Whereas with RE4, I couldn't stop playing the game. Any chance I got I was playing it. And it was always, I will just play 5 more minutes, until the next check point etc.

As you might guess, if I had to pick one, I would definitely pick RE4. But that's just my opinion. :)

Another thing to know is that Saints and Sinner pretty regularly comes up on Sales in Steam/Humble Bundles etc. So if you have PCVR, it might be worth waiting until the next sale comes along to buy it.

Soldato
I don't know if this answers your question or not, But I played Saints and Sinners in PCVR. So better Graphics than the Standalone version. However, I never finished it. Can't give a real reason why I stopped playing. I always seemed to be forcing myself to play it rather than looking forward to playing it. If you get what I am saying? Whereas with RE4, I couldn't stop playing the game. Any chance I got I was playing it. And it was always, I will just play 5 more minutes, until the next check point etc.

As you might guess, if I had to pick one, I would definitely pick RE4. But that's just my opinion. :)

Another thing to know is that Saints and Sinner pretty regularly comes up on Sales in Steam/Humble Bundles etc. So if you have PCVR, it might be worth waiting until the next sale comes along to buy it.

Thanks, yes you've answered my question very well. I don't have PCVR but from what you described it's as I thought, great graphics do not always make an addictive game, so I'll play RE4. Mind you, I've still to finish Red Matter 2 first which I'm loving. Well, apart from some annoying turrets trying to kill me :D

Associate
Thanks, yes you've answered my question very well. I don't have PCVR but from what you described it's as I thought, great graphics do not always make an addictive game, so I'll play RE4. Mind you, I've still to finish Red Matter 2 first which I'm loving. Well, apart from some annoying turrets trying to kill me :D
I think once the touted graphical updates for S & S arrive on the Quest 3 standalone then it might be worthy of consideration.

Back
Top Bottom