Quote me a Air Rifle

Zip

Zip

Soldato
mrgubby said:
Quick death - slow death , same result == dead rabbit.

If you were to be killed what would you rather? Quick death or slow death?

Slow death=pain+anxiety.
Quick death=out like a light+no pain.

Now im sure if you were going to be killed you would rather a quick death.

Same applys for anything else that is a living creature

Soldato
OP
from what I read you CAN use those pumps, BUT the air quality from the diving jobbies is better (you don't need a diving air tank, just need to take the gun to a place that fills them I think.)

Commissario
It's also a bit of a pain using a hand pump. Small diving bottles are cheap anyway and it's only a couple of quid a fill. I use a 300 bar 3 litre bottle to carry around in the car and a 12 litre bottle which I keep at home.

K.

Soldato
Some folk swear by the stirrup pumps; from what I've read the hillspump with the drypack filter seems to be the best- as the only real difference between using dry-air from a divers bottle and a hand pump is moisture getting into the air reservoire and causing rust! Something which will not happen when using dry divers air from a dive bottle.
Other factors include: a dive bottle needs to be certified as safe every so often, and you need a diving shop (etc) that will allow air filling for non diving purposes (some shops don't), also you gotta be able to fill the dive tank to 300bar (some differ, but from what I've seen that's the most popular).
But after all of that, I guess it's a question of how lazy you are! It's about the same price for a hills pump and filter as it is for a 3L 300bar tank (with guage and assiciated hoses). For convenience I'd go for the hand pump, but given the choice the divers tank would be best for air quality and ease of charging the gun and a dive bottle refil shouldn't cost more than a fiver

Soldato
OP
Feek said:
It's also a bit of a pain using a hand pump. Small diving bottles are cheap anyway and it's only a couple of quid a fill. I use a 300 bar 3 litre bottle to carry around in the car and a 12 litre bottle which I keep at home.

K.
see, feeks the MAN! he knows what he's on about, pls ignore me

Soldato
jumpy said:
Ditto, I have one and it's great- nice and straightforward, does the job a treat.
Only one question now - .177 or .22 ? :eek: :D (hehe endless debate there ;) )

.22 from my experience, especially if your hunting, there are some excellent 177 hunting weihrauch rifles though, still I would say ,22

Soldato
I always went by the rule of .177 for birds and .22 for bunnys ... Its an age old argument that nobody agrees on . Can always go .20 ;)

Some really silly posts in this thread and some really good ones.. But it always happpens when these threads appear .. Some of the airsoft ones are pure quality .

Atm i have a Hw77k / Theoben Rapid 7 (FAC) and Air Arms fc100 FT but much prefer using live (Ruger 10/22) With a silencer and subs its just as quiet as an air rifle and 4x the range its a much more effective killing weapon .

Persil

Back
Top Bottom