Quote me a Air Rifle

Associate
falcons are nice ive shot one before but the loading bolt felt flimsy, if you want a rifle brand new sub 500 then look no further than an air arms s400 which is only 300 new

Soldato
zenith10 said:
if you want a rifle brand new sub 500 then look no further than an air arms s400 which is only 300 new

Hark these words, for they are 100% spot on.

Every s400 (in the right hands) is capable of winning the world field target championship. An infinite number of SMK "rifles" would never produce ONE that could win a local winter league match.

zenith10: Do you by any chance shoot one of Nick Murphy's wonderful creations? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
ElvisFan said:

Every s400 (in the right hands) is capable of winning the world field target championship. An infinite number of SMK "rifles" would never produce ONE that could win a local winter league match.

zenith10: Do you by any chance shoot one of Nick Murphy's wonderful creations? :)
yummy
S410THBIG.jpg

Soldato
OP
zenith10 said:
falcons are nice ive shot one before but the loading bolt felt flimsy, if you want a rifle brand new sub 500 then look no further than an air arms s400 which is only 300 new

I guess people have stopped reading this thread all the way though and are insted just going to read the last 2-3 posts made

let me instill this apon you, I AM NOT GOING TO SPEND ANYTHING MORE THAN £150 EVER ON THIS SO DON'T TELL ME THAT I SHOULD SPEND MORE!
ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

ElvisFan said:

good thing I'M NOT TRYING TO WIN ANY MATCHES!

I just want to know what to look for in a Air Rifle to shoot some magpies that have been causing issues, maybe some bunnys too.
want to know what kind of things to look for in a braker type rifle (the ones that split I guess are the ones that I will be able to afford)

Last edited:
Soldato
VeNT said:
let me instill this apon you, I AM NOT GOING TO SPEND ANYTHING MORE THAN £150 EVER ON THIS SO DON'T TELL ME THAT I SHOULD SPEND MORE!
ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Just take this away then:

People have been injured when the SMK rifles have catastrophically failed during cocking.

Your funeral.

Soldato
ElvisFan said:
Accupels are Crosman Premiers that failed quality control. I'm serious.

They aren't bad pellets though. They just need washing to stop your barrel's rifling getting gouled-up. They look mirror-finished, but look at your hands after touching them.

Actually it's good practice to wash pellets anyway. Just swill them in tepid water / fairy liquid, rinse in a collander, and leave to dry.

Your rifle will love you for it.

this is true that they gunk up the barrel, but I find there the most accuracte I have use so I just clean my barrel regularly solrvees the problem.

Soldato
VeNT, I can understand your frustration. Most people here seem to have recommended a lot of nice competition guns that are ridiculously expensive.

Not exactly what you need for getting rid of a few bunnies in your garden.

Soldato
OP
ElvisFan said:
Calm down dear,

It's only a commercial!

well if you guys read the thread rather than just diving in with "oh you need this £800 AWM that can kill a 5p at 2 miles and is the only way you'll win anything" when I'm talking about hitting some of the fattest magpies I've ever SEEN at about 10-20 FT away, I think that I have the right to try and un-de-rail my thread!

Soldato
so your referring to my post then, i didn't say anything about £800 guns and gave you some good information. The guns i quoted you are just what you need.

mark

Soldato
VeNT said:
well if you guys read the thread rather than just diving in with "oh you need this £800 AWM that can kill a 5p at 2 miles and is the only way you'll win anything" when I'm talking about hitting some of the fattest magpies I've ever SEEN at about 10-20 FT away, I think that I have the right to try and un-de-rail my thread!

I know what you're saying but I firmly believe that if you can't stretch to a good condition Weihrauch HW95 with a decent scope, that you've no business taking pot shots at potatoes, never mind wildlife.

Commissario
starscream said:
No one can be 99.9% sure of killing a bunny/magpie in one shot with an airgun.
I said I wouldn't come back in here, but when I posted saying I'd emailed Vent, it resubscribed me.

RUBBISH.

Absolute tosh. A good hunter will be sure he's going to make the kill before he takes the shot. Anyone who says an airgun isn't good/powerful enough to kill rabbits and/or magpies in a single shot is talking out of their arse.

Secondly, please don't get an SMK rifle. They're underpowered and although the quality isn't so bad that it'll injure you they really are not very good. They're cheap chinese rubbish and you really do get what you pay for.

With pellets, you really can't go wrong with AA as mentioned many times in this thread. The .22 do come in different sizes, so try each one in your rifle to see what suits it the best. Yes, that tiny size difference can make a lot of difference to the consistancy.

K.

Back
Top Bottom