• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

I'm hoping the OC is true just so that NVIDIA have to lower Pascal prices so I can get a 1080 for a more reasonable price... I dunno if that makes me a fanboy but hey, I'm rooting for AMD too :D

It's a bit weird to rely on another company to do something right so you can buy from a company who are deliberately ripping off customers but hey, each to their own.

AMD definitely look like they're going in the right direction with this so I will gladly look to buy from them provided it is everything it should be.

It was a joke dude...

Not gonna lie I really couldn't tell, some people here are like that haha

Also can someone explain the 'hard launch' thing? Does it mean there shouldn't be stock issues on the release day?

It's a bit weird to rely on another company to do something right so you can buy from a company who are deliberately ripping off customers but hey, each to their own.

AMD definitely look like they're going in the right direction with this so I will gladly look to buy from them provided it is everything it should be.

Believe me if I was in a position in which I didn't have to choose an NVIDIA card, I wouldn't be right now. I just don't have the choice. Hopefully when my next upgrade cycle comes in 1-2 years I won't make the same mistake

If AMD had a card that competed with the 1080 then you'd have a point. But they dont, so anything that brings down the cost of the fastest card on the planet is good for the consumer...

If AMD had a card that competed with the 1080 then you'd have a point. But they dont, so anything that brings down the cost of the fastest card on the planet is good for the consumer...

Faster card or not, they shouldn't be rewarded for their methods in my opinion. I will say the same if AMD gouge the 480 too with some sort of ridiculous "founders edition".

Faster card or not, they shouldn't be rewarded for their methods in my opinion. I will say the same if AMD gouge the 480 too with some sort of ridiculous "founders edition".

Doubt a £200 card is gonna have some kind of premium heatsink variation. Obviously third parties will have their own variations but i doubt amd will do the "founders edition" gimmick at any point.

Not gonna lie I really couldn't tell, some people here are like that haha

Also can someone explain the 'hard launch' thing? Does it mean there shouldn't be stock issues on the release day?

Believe me if I was in a position in which I didn't have to choose an NVIDIA card, I wouldn't be right now. I just don't have the choice. Hopefully when my next upgrade cycle comes in 1-2 years I won't make the same mistake

You will be waiting a long time for any price reduction for the 1080. AMD are not competing in that segment and even if they were Nvidia rarely reduces prices much unless sales take a big hit. Look at the prices of the 970/980. They actually went up after launch rather than down.

If you are forced to use Nvidia I assume it's because of Gsync in which case sell the monitor and you can easily get a decent Freesync for a cheaper price.

Well you wouldn't put one of these in yer PC would you :p

q_tec_psu_550w_dual_fan.jpg

I had one of those PSU's blow up a inch away from my face

That was one of the reasons they named it founders edition, the heatsink or "thermal" as they kept calling it was supposedly "premium grade" along with some low profile components on the pcb.

That premium it now has a running joke name of the Throttlers Edition. Premium would be something like the Evga Ftw, Asus Strixx or pretty much any decent partner heat sink fan cooler.

Back
Top Bottom