• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
That was one of the reasons they named it founders edition, the heatsink or "thermal" as they kept calling it was supposedly "premium grade" along with some low profile components on the pcb.

Yep, The cooler is just adequate for the card, certainly not worth a penny more than an aftermarket one.

Associate
You will be waiting a long time for any price reduction for the 1080. AMD are not competing in that segment and even if they were Nvidia rarely reduces prices much unless sales take a big hit. Look at the prices of the 970/980. They actually went up after launch rather than down.

If you are forced to use Nvidia I assume it's because of Gsync in which case sell the monitor and you can easily get a decent Freesync for a cheaper price.

I disagree, IF the 480 rumours are true. Within a few weeks of the AMD release unless people are complete morons, 1070s will stop selling as people turn to the cheaper 480 for similar performance. 1070 prices will have to fall, in which case the 1080 price should naturally fall with it, since the gap would otherwise be too big.

Caporegime

Yeah i didn't think so, but everyone loves Ned. :cool: :p

Is that your duo on ebay i spotted earlier? The username seemed familiar for some reason. :p

No chance i am selling my Duo. Currently addicted to Blitzkrieg 1-2 series (1999-2005, DX8-DX9) and the Pro Duo's 8K VSR enables it to look pretty good considering the game is 10-15 years old. :cool:

e9OPOSY.jpg

You can mark me down for either one or two 480's though. :)

Soldato

Jokes aside, if AMD ever brought out a Ned Flanders edition GPU I'd buy it without a second thought. I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons though. :D

Since you are not selling your Pro Duo, does that mean you are not getting two 1500mhz+ watercooled 8GB RX480's?

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Caporegime
:D is all cool. :p

On another note, i don't suppose if you know when they will be adding display resolution and frequency controls to radeon settings? seems like such a basic feature to be omitted at launch and for so long.

Refresh rate and resolution controls are available under Windows Display Properties, we decided to remove them to simplify Radeon Settings functionality.

TXtEH9P.jpg

Soldato
Refresh rate and resolution controls are available under Windows Display Properties, we decided to remove them to simplify Radeon Settings functionality.

TXtEH9P.jpg

Just a little daft in my opinion that it is omitted, changing display frequency is not very straight forward in windows for someone with less technical knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom