1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon VII

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DragonQ, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

Your saving about £130 on the 3 games, at least I did on my Vega64. That massively undercuts Nvidia tbh.

2. pete910

Wise Guy

But most like me would rather have £100 or so off the price and not have the games.

3. Jono8

Caporegime

"£130" worth my foot. Only at RRP and no one buys PC games for the RRP price.

4. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Anybody seen any news on AIO Vega VII?

5. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

6. nashathedog

Sgarrista

snip

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  7. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Someone with a 3D printer could make new shrouds with out any sides to it to maximise airflow going through & out from the heatsink, I'd happily buy one. It could do with it as the better side for airflow on the stock cooler is hitting the motherbard which means it does no better than the other side anyway.

8. Tom B

Hitman

9. Darujhistan

Mobster

Of course they do.

10. Scougar

Capodecina

Try to think about it as, would you buy those games and at what price would you decide to purchase them. If not then how much would you be able to get for the bundle if you can be bothered with the hassle.

11. Vish Petrol

Hitman

I still haven't installed my card. Gonna be doing it tomorrow.

My 1070 only took one power connector and the wire has two connectors on it. Can I use the one wire with two connectors or should I use 2 separate wires from my EVGA 850GS?

12. Gerard

Caporegime

2 seperate ones is best.

13. spook2575

Hitman

14. shankly1985

Capodecina

15. Gibbo

Commissario

The games cost AMD less than $10, so no they can't drop the price £100 because the games cost nowhere near that.

So if they were to drop a $700 card to $690, sales would be no change.
    But bundle in a load of games with an RRP of $150 which people may have considered going out to be buy and all of a sudden it has a dramatic effect on their sales. :)

16. pete910

Wise Guy

I know that AMD will be paying peanuts for them, I was pointing out to Nasher that some would rather have a reduced price rather than games. I was using his 100 as an example

17. Scougar

Capodecina

Bear in mind we canno get the same price as AMD, so don't just assume ten pounds.

18. bigmike20vt

Wise Guy

Games bundles are a nice sweatener and i definitely see them as a plus point ... But I would disagree with saying they add £130 value onto the game.
    Also NV offer 2 games with their high end cards don't they?.
    The comments about the shroud blow my mind, honestly with that and the claims that lowering voltage and upping the core speed is apparently an absolute give so much that comparison benchmarks by some comparing to NV is showing the card in such a way.

I have to ask who the hell is designing the final bits of these things and should they be retrained or replaced?.

IF a 3d printer can improve the shroud then the original design is not fit for purpose and should have never made it out.
    IF under volting is an absolute given and improves performance as much as some say then the stock bios is not fit for purpose and should never have made it out... Esp as it makes the card look worse than it really is. Double ESP as AMD should have learned from Vega 64.

Or am I missing something ?

That said I am reticent to believe "X over clocking to Y is a given after I bought a gtx 980 which would not OC at all

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  19. eeii

Gangster

It does beggar belief that AMD would release a product that can be improved by Herbert's like us tweaking away. But I tell you this. I love getting better performance for a few minutes tweakage. :D

20. Gerard

Caporegime

Just about any gpu can be improved by the end user, slapping an aio on cards generally lets it clock higher for example.