Rampant lies grown-ups told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Suprised no-ones mentioned Father Christmas yet.

I vaguely remember a coversation about where babies comes from - no cabbage patch lies, something along the lines of:

mum: "when the man wants to make a baby he produces a seed which comes out through his willy"
me: "but how does he know when? doesn't it come out when he goes to the toilet??"
mum: "he just knows."

followed by giving birth:
mum: "the baby comes out of the womans bottom"
me: "but how does she know when? what happens if she's sat on the toilet and it comes out??"
mum: "she just knows."

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Otacon said:
flame.jpg

:D

Yoink....
And Cheers... ;)

Hilarious.. :D

Caporegime
if you don't eat the crusts off the bread your teeth would fall out :p

my dad made me believe it so much, he said when he was at school, he saw a kid who didnt eat his crusts bite into an apple and his two front teeth came out with the apple!

dads aye :rolleyes:

Associate
Pebbles said:
I tell my kids if the Icecream man is playing music it means he's run out of icecream :D

I know, I know, I'm going straight to hell! :rolleyes: :p

I HATE the ice cream man. What is it with that music???? "if you go down to the woods today....." sounds well dodgy to me?????

I remember asking my Dad where Mum was on lots of occasions. I expect she was probably shopping or something, but he always used to say "she's ran off with a black man"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Piggymon said:
Eat your crusts if you want curly hair

I ate crusts forever when I was a little kid :(

To the point when I was old enough to know that very few Chinese people have curly hair, and being half Chinese I realised that curly hair was just not going to happen! Got my hair permed once and had to have it done twice! Looked shocking - never again!

And to ensure that this never happens (even by accident) I don't eat crusts to this day... :D

ha ha

BB x

Soldato
My dad used to say to me, if you go to prison they only give you bread and water to eat. Now if that isn't true, I bloody well want to know why not.

He also used to say if I didn't clean my ears out potatoes would grow in them. Beggars and tramps take note, a free source of food under your very nose. Or slightly to the left/right of your nose to be precise.

Soldato
Hearny said:
I HATE the ice cream man. What is it with that music???? "if you go down to the woods today....." sounds well dodgy to me?????

I remember asking my Dad where Mum was on lots of occasions. I expect she was probably shopping or something, but he always used to say "she's ran off with a black man"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah the old "ran away with a darkie" gota love the saying.

Soldato
Hearny said:

OMG !! My Mum used to say that ! LOL !!

If I shouted around the house to see where she was she would reply back with that :p

Soldato
The best ive heard from one of my mates was,

"My mam said "If you get wee on your shoes it melts the rubber""

This was at a grand old ages of 14ish he proceeded to get it ripped out of him for some time.

KaHn

Associate
If the wind changes you'll stick like that It did and I didn't.

And slightly randomly by a schoolfreinds brother
If you fart in the bath your bum will fill up with water wtf??? :D

Soldato
Whenever my mum used to ask us what we wanted for your tea that night and we said 'Anything', she used to say 'Don't say that because you'll get ***** (rhymes with white) and sugar for your tea'. :D

We usually just played it safe and asked for fish fingers after that :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Aliboy said:
Whenever my mum used to ask us what we wanted for your tea that night and we said 'Anything', she used to say 'Don't say that because you'll get ***** (rhymes with white) and sugar for your tea'. :D

We usually just played it safe and asked for fish fingers after that :p

I tought that was just my Mam (although she used to say "***** with sugar on it" when we asked what was for tea). Just goes to show how universal some of these things are.

Stan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom