Rampant lies grown-ups told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't pick your nose or you'll pick your brains out

Eat your crusts if you want curly hair

If the ice cream van plays music it means there is no ice cream .. Seems my Mum wasn't the only evil person to think up this :p

My Mum told me she could see through walls and had eyes in the back of her head :eek:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Piggymon said:
My Mum told me she could see through walls and had eyes in the back of her head :eek:

Haha, my dad used to say that too.

He also claimed he slid up the bannister, which was why I never heard him creep up the stairs to see if we were in bed yet. :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
My Grandmother used to tell my Dad that if you swallowed chewing gum it'd wrap around your heart and kill you :eek:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Chelsea will never win nothing....
She and my sister were Gooners and Chelsea were in the 2nd Division. I have hung on in there for over 30 years....
All I can say is Na Na Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Soldato
GTA said:
Oh, a recent one, perhaps not strictly a lie, but good anyway.

My dad was in the market for a new motor, so rang me up asking advice. The conversation went something like this.

Me - "How about a Fiat?"
Dad - "I'm not gettng one of them, they're not safe."
Me - "How do you mean? this one's got about 50 airbags and 90 seatbelts"
Dad - "That as may be, but Italians make seatbelts out of pasta and fill their airbags with gravel."
Me - "I love you dad."

LOL

Associate
Kodiak said:
That beetroot juice trick sounds like something your should do before a medical exam.

If you swallow chewing gum, you'll die 'cos the gum gets tangled in you intestines.
Complete ******.
LOL! I got told that too, never had chewing gum for years after that. Then I noticed my mates always used to swallow it when teachers caught them chewing in class, I was like wtf :D

Soldato
If you draw on your hands the ink from the pens will be absorbed into your bloodstream and poison you.

If you wear swimming goggles for too long they'll rip your eyeballs out when you try to take them off.

Both told to me by school teachers.

arty

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
arty said:
If you draw on your hands the ink from the pens will be absorbed into your bloodstream and poison you.

I don't remember ever being told that but I always thought that whenever someone tried to draw on my hand :o

Soldato
DaveyD said:
This could cause a lot of flamage, but I'll stand by my point from my point of view :o :p

Being told that there is a god :p
flame.jpg

:D

Soldato
in my old house (and my current house actually) we have a steam/sauna shower thing, and when we had it in the old house, i was about 6 or 7, and i used to use the steam room with my dad..

i was told that if i had any ink on me when the steam opened up the pores on my skin (heres me expecting to see big holes forming) the ink would all run in and poison me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom