Random 3D printing chatter

Associate
I remember quotes around 150w average an hour for the Ender 3. You'll see the most power consumed during initial warm up and then it'll cycle maintaining the nozzle and bed temps.

Soldato
Sigh.

You still need to get all the main components, and they typically are not reliable. This is fear mongering more than anything. You can't just print the trigger group, chambers, barrels, firing pin, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got myself a Orbiter v2 extruder on the way for my Sapphire Plus Core Xy.

Having random missing layers so hoping a new extruder will help.

I have the sherpa mini for one of my printers and I do like it. (Similar to the orbiter). The one thing I don't like is being able to tell what tension you are at. On the microswiss extruders for example, the bolt goes through the end of the nut so it is a very easy reference point to check tension.

Soldato
Ever since I put on my extended Z extrusions, they haven't been quite straight so cause some binding. I have realigned them, but not well enough.

Thinking about adding rails or rods to get more adjustment. Kinda of a cheat, but not sure how else I resolve this (And I threw the old shorter Z extrusions away).

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a Tronxy 400 Pro arrive today. Was half price from Ama £212! Half way built prior to leaving works office. Added a ton of corner backeting and ensured it was all square before bolted it up.

Looking forward to testing it out.

Soldato
Ever since I put on my extended Z extrusions, they haven't been quite straight so cause some binding. I have realigned them, but not well enough.

Thinking about adding rails or rods to get more adjustment. Kinda of a cheat, but not sure how else I resolve this (And I threw the old shorter Z extrusions away).
Replying to myself... just found a fantastic mod to make Ender 3 V2's CoreXY, and somewhat cheaply: https://www.youtube.com/@srasolutions4982

Once I'm done modding my QQ-S Pro to just sillyness levels, I'll give this a go since I think I'm done with bed slingers from this point onwards.

Soldato
Had a Tronxy 400 Pro arrive today. Was half price from Ama £212! Half way built prior to leaving works office. Added a ton of corner backeting and ensured it was all square before bolted it up.

Looking forward to testing it out.
er... wow , just wow!! That's one hell of a deal. I think that trumps my free 20llbs fresh turkey we won for thanksgiving today. (which would have been about 80 dollars).

Last edited:
Soldato
er... wow , just wow!! That's one hell of a deal. I think that trumps my free 20llbs fresh turkey we won for thanksgiving today. (which would have been about 80 dollars).
I know, was shocked to see such a discount.

These have lots of flaws, however... there are so many people who have fixed issues. That I'll be aad

Soldato
New toy arrived today unexpectedly ahead of schedule!

I wanted a bigger resin printer but I think I underestimated just what a chunky boy this new one is. Will be an amazing step up from my little creality LD002R though.

3abURDd.jpg

Reactions: Zaf
Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I have a basic ender 3, not a bad machine for my needs, im using a glass bed and once levelled its gotten better using PLA+.

GZckCPp.jpg
eTFwnpV.jpg

How often should you have to level a bed? I've done about 10 big prints and ive noticed on the last print (echo dot holder), it had lifted on the bottom, when I checked the bed it was a little out. I have a BLtouch on the way, so hopefully that will help.

eJHg1rR.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As long as your springs aren't naff and you're not pulling the bed about a lot, not very often. Definitely check it but you may find that it's just the glass needs cleaning. The usual recommendation is IPA but I did find that (when printing mostly PETG to be fair) it didn't take off what was causing the problem. A dab of Fairy liquid on a damp piece of kitchen towel, then wiped with just damp towel and then dried fixed it. In fact the second time I did this it 'fixed' so much that bits of the glass bed came off with the print! I may have been guilty of not waiting for the bed to cool though :D

Back
Top Bottom