• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

I think I wrote a mini guide on the adl thread anwhile back but for adl and rpl, using a fixed core and llc is not the way to get the most out of the platform for daily.

You’ll want to use adaptive with CEP. Then apply small offsets until you see throttling from cep. That’ll give you a baseline from there you can play a bit more with using avx guardbands to reduce vcore for SSE. The guardbands act as voltage buffers for avx/avx2 workloads. You kinda get the best of both worlds this way. Finally you can try to find the sweet spot for your boards switching frequency.

Doing it right, you‘ll pick up 200-300mhz additional headroom over doing the traditional fixed vcore and llc method.
Don’t suppose you can link a video showing how this is done?

1EE81508-7BDC-4E3D-9211-D4220272FB8D.png

Example on how much more efficient the new die is at heat transfer. This is on a loop. Starting temps are 28c and even pulling 373watts, cpu reaches only 74c

Because the heat tranfer from the die is so good, the strength of your cooling will continue to scale for a change.

Before anyone makes things up, no, it’s not running at stock by any means.

Amazing! Can't wait for reviews.

Be interesting to see just how much faster 13900K is than 7950X in games, with 6600 or 7200Mhz DDR5 and a 4090!

I've seen some hypocrisy on this one actually. I've seen people saying not to bother with AM4 because it's dead, so no point paying £400 for a 5800X3D. Then in same breath, wait for the 13th gen reviews..
Does not matter if there's no upgrade path if the performance is there and you plan to change in a couple of years. Changing board every year is stupid though.

Not a great source but i know you use tisi for some of your info so will include it here. Not so good for 13th gen based purely on this
13th Gen Gaming Results
Looks like they only tested 6400 ram on AMD and left Intel on slower ram.

Does not matter if there's no upgrade path if the performance is there and you plan to change in a couple of years. Changing board every year is stupid though.

Looks like they only tested 6400 ram on AMD and left Intel on slower ram.

Tested both 5200 and 6400 on AMD it's labelled in the charts

Last edited:
If only the platform wasn't a dead end, I'd have gotten a 13900k

I'm just interested in the fastest gaming CPU to pair with my 4090. Since the 7950X is behind the 12900k overall in games, the 13900k seems destined to be the clear winner here, though need reviews to confirm. Hopefully most reviewers use a 4090 and not a 2080ti like Anandtech used for the 7950X review.....

Reputable reviewers, such as techpowerup, show that the Ryzen 7000 series are behind Intel's 12th gen in games. Check 4K, 1080p and 720P here > https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-7950x/21.html

I don't think Intel will decrease performance with 13th gen, what with the known specifications, is this something you're suggesting @LtMatt ?

0wlxLSf.png
OoV2Ifw.png
zxgsROF.png

Reputable reviewers, such as techpowerup, show that the Ryzen 7000 series are behind Intel's 12th gen in games. Check 4K, 1080p and 720P here > https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-7950x/21.html

I don't think Intel will decrease performance with 13th gen, what with the known specifications, is this something you're suggesting @LtMatt ?
I do not think @LtMatt is suggesting anything i think he is just sharing a review of some retail samples. Maybe the fact that techpowerUp used a 3080 and the chinese guy used a 3090ti played a part. Have you watched the video? Based purely on this review your goal for a CPu to match your 4090 should be adjusted to either Zen 4 or Zen 4 3D if you really want to have the ultimate CPu for your 4090. AMD went backwards a little compared to the 5800X 3d in some games so it is perfectly beliable Intel MAY of done the same. You should not be so keen to dismiss other just cause you do not like what they are showing you

Last edited:
I do not think @LtMatt is suggesting anything i think he is just sharing a review of some retail samples. Maybe the fact that techpowerUp used a 3080 and the chinese guy used a 3090ti played a part. Have you watched the video? Based purely on this review your goal for a CPu to match your 4090 should be adjusted to either Zen 4 or Zen 4 3D if you really want to have the ultimate CPu for your 4090. AMD went backwards a little compared to the 5800X 3d in some games so it is perfectly beliable Intel MAY of done the same. You should not be so keen to dismiss other just cause you do not like what they are showing you

You talking to someone that's going from z690 12900k to z790 13900k

But even if zen4 3d becomes the fastest gaming chip he won't switch

Back
Top Bottom