• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Soldato
Cinebench memes aside, I’d still strongly recommend the 7950x if your main goal is production workloads. Across a wider range of workloads having 16 real cores will work out better than 8p + 16e setup.

Plus it uses less power. Power draw may not matter to gamers, but for a business its profit

Caporegime
95c benches coming in hot!

unknown.png
Damn that’s beaten my score. :eek:

I’ve seen someone on overclock.net hit just under 43K on CB23 with a 7950X but he was watercooling.

Soldato
Whelp, there goes my plan of choosing whichever cpu is cooler :cry:

Guess AMD were right, this is the new normal temperature we'll be seeing. Probably doesn't matter if it's only spot temps and not shooting fire out the back of the case :D
The intel is substantially cooler and 95c is not normal. You are comparing stock vs overclocked numbers, at stock the 13900k will be way cooler than the 7950X.

Sadly zen 4 are atrocious in terms of temps. I saw a revjew of the 4090 yesterday, the guy was using a 360 aio and his 7950x was hitting 83+ C in the menu of cyberpunk. The freaking MENU. Lol

Soldato
how is it not normal when AMD says it is you know more now ?? over engineers AMD have ??
Because AMD have released a CPU that in some capacity gets hot like an Intel chip, which suddenly means the sky is falling and AMD are the worst thing ever, right back to where they deserve to be.

Maybe if Ryzen 7000 actually ran at 95 degrees across the entire thing and dumped all that heat out of your case like an Intel CPU or Nvidia GPU does then maybe it'd be fine? But until happens, everybody conveniently forgets things like hotspot temps and components literally designed to run at these temperatures that have existed for Christ knows how long and has never been an issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
how is it not normal when AMD says it is you know more now ?? over engineers AMD have ??
I dont need to know more. Do you think amd engineers would tell you its not normal and that they are selling products as hot as lava?

Nvidia said 110c on vram is normal as well, 2 years later come compare an FE with stock pads vs a 3rd party with swapped thermal pads, one still runs games 100% stable at +1500 vram, the other crashes at 700. The amount of degradation on that vram was insane.

Company representatives are not trying to help you, they are trying to sell products. You know that, you are just trying to do damage control.

Soldato
Because AMD have released a CPU that in some capacity gets hot like an Intel chip, which suddenly means the sky is falling and AMD are the worst thing ever, right back to where they deserve to be.
That is a lie. Why do people feel the need to lie to defend a company? That is absurd man

There is no intel cpu that hits 95c no matter what cooler you put it on it. Gnexus tested a 360aio and he gets a peak of 78c. Hwunboxed also tested a 360 aio and although he hit 90c, he had an issue with his bracket, he retested with a new bracket and he dropped down to 80c.

Soldato
Dunno why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist, this has already been covered. It's power in watts that matters, and a result of a high number of watts is usually relatable to the high amount of heat generated.

You get laptops that hit 95c and throttle up and down at much lower frequencies using 15w, when they have insufficient cooling, but you are only dumping 15w of waste heat. Having two CPU's one with 95c at 200w, and the other 95c at 300w, I know which one is worse, apparently a lot of people don't understand basic physics but like to preach in a CPU thread as if they are all knowing.

Face it modern multi-core CPU's made on tiny process nodes run hot in Celsius terms, and some use more power than others, nothing more really needs to be said.

Soldato
he explains how the temps work on them it isnt what you think it isnt dumping that heat on the cooler its how smaller process nodes run please watch fully
Removed link because it usually gets removed for links to other competitors

I aint shill to either company before you start its what we should all want it what drives both to push and offer more each upgrade and should help pricing not that it looks like its helped that lol

they wanted to support current AM4 coolers and made the IHS thicker I would preferred if just needed new bracket and thinner IHS not like brackets cost that much extra

Last edited:
Associate
That is a lie. Why do people feel the need to lie to defend a company? That is absurd man

There is no intel cpu that hits 95c no matter what cooler you put it on it. Gnexus tested a 360aio and he gets a peak of 78c. Hwunboxed also tested a 360 aio and although he hit 90c, he had an issue with his bracket, he retested with a new bracket and he dropped down to 80c.
Chill Out (pun intended) you outputtioing more hot air then an Intel powered system

Last edited:
Soldato
Dunno why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist, this has already been covered. It's power in watts that matters, and a result of a high number of watts is usually relatable to the high amount of heat generated.

You get laptops that hit 95c and throttle up and down at much lower frequencies using 15w, when they have insufficient cooling, but you are only dumping 15w of waste heat. Having two CPU's one with 95c at 200w, and the other 95c at 300w, I know which one is worse, apparently a lot of people don't understand basic physics but like to preach in a CPU thread as if they are all knowing.

Face it modern multi-core CPU's made on tiny process nodes run hot in Celsius terms, and some use more power than others, nothing more really needs to be said.
I agree with everything you said, but that doesn't change the fact that Ryzen are harder to cool than Intel. Way harder in fact. In fact , zen 4 approach the temperatures of boiling water.

With that said, how about a CPU a 200w cpu at 80c compared to one at 200w and 95c? I know which one is worse as well

Associate
I suggest you actually read some reviews then, because this is not true if you're focussing purely on gaming performance.

I have looked at reviews and most gaming benchmarks show Zen 4 7700X barely beating 12700K despite its P cores clocked 400-700MHz higher than 12700K.

I mean if they are same clock speed not sure.

Though I did see a 7950X at 5GHz trading blows or beating a 12900K at 4900MHz.

So they seem all over the place.

In this one P cores are clocked at 4700MHz for 12700K and the P cores on 7700X are clocked at 5400-5500MHz. And they trade blows. The e-cores ignore them as they do nothing for games and are crap so do not count

In this review the 12900K P cores are clocked around 4900MHz and 7950X all cores clocked around 5000MHz. Ignore Intel CPU clock as it averages in e-waste cores which do not count and do nothing for games, so look at P core clock. Since 7950X has only P cores look at overall core clock which is around 5000MHz.

They trade blows which proves your point here.

Ironically though this one trades blows with 7950X being 5500Mhz and 12900K P cores being around 4900MHz so again proves the point of IPC being better on Golden Cove??

Strange all around.

Back
Top Bottom