Raymond Lin's Wedding Thread of 2010

Caporegime
OP
Sorry guys, i don't do "Tag along", as much as I like to help out, that isn't an option as it seems unprofessional, and you will get in the way somehow if you are near me as I am never standnig still for long. There is also the danger of the person turning up dressed scruffy and it will reflect bad on me. There are just way too many variables to worry about.

Assistant, may be. Tag along, its a definte no no.

Associate
yeah my post doesnt come accross well. I could never take photos as nice as raymonds, hes a pro and for me its just a hobby. I just wondered what his raw shots look like as you dont always have perfect lighting etc and I wondered how he rescued it through processing.

I think I know where Red and White is coming from, as I have the same sort of issue.... When I take shots, while I know my ins and outs of exposure and rule of thirds etc, my shots appear dull and lifeless (this is starting to sound like a shampoo advert), basically I'm not great on pp. A useful thing would be to see the picture in it's original form and then what it becames, knowing what the steps were to get it there along the way.

Fantastic shots by the way Raymond. As others have said, it's not about the pp, but you're composition and framing are spot on.

Caporegime
OP
I can see where you guys are coming from and for my reasoning, you can read about it here....its quite funny really :)

The thread also have a Before/After screen shot.

h**p://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=252525

Back on topic

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

Soldato
Well, I think everyone (including me) who wanted to see a before and after shot can find out in that TP thread. Good insight - I'd take it as a bit of a compliment that they thought there were reflectors or other accessories to achieve those results.

Soldato
Just seen your link to the couple portrait you posted on TP Raymond, talk about a witch hunt of people demanding to see the original RAW :o

Soldato
LOL, I think they feel cheated them or I cheated them?
Or it's their divine right to know every single one of your secrets and to throw their toys out of their pram when you refuse to divulge.

As for calling you out for the RAW files, I don't know why you even bothered to entertain their requests. You've got more patience than I have, that's for sure.

Soldato
Or it's their divine right to know every single one of your secrets and to throw their toys out of their pram when you refuse to divulge.

As for calling you out for the RAW files, I don't know why you even bothered to entertain their requests. You've got more patience than I have, that's for sure.

My thoughts exactly.

Especially considering they didn't even ask nicely. "You're a liar now show the RAW files before I believe you."

Back
Top Bottom