RC cars

Has a Tamiya Sand Rover when I was 9 (now 54), swapped out the slightly asthmatic motor for something more juicy (don't remember the details), used to chase cars down the road with it!

It met its end when I let my cousin have a go and he drove it straight into a pond, what a **** :cry:

Last edited:
Tbh I never used the stock controller with mine but looking at this pic it would suggest so or at least very low setting.

Thanks :) I've tried to find a video that describes it in more detail but haven't found one yet.

There are a few MT10s on Facebook that are nicely worn in which makes it a bit easier to justify the cost of giving it to a 5 year old, knowing that it's going to get driven into a tree despite his best intentions.

Thanks :) I've tried to find a video that describes it in more detail but haven't found one yet.

There are a few MT10s on Facebook that are nicely worn in which makes it a bit easier to justify the cost of giving it to a 5 year old, knowing that it's going to get driven into a tree despite his best intentions.

Mine has been suitably abused by my Son who managed to go full speed into a fence post in an open field. It literally exploded but when I’d picked up all the bits it had only bent a hinge pin. Everything else went back together and all is good. They are great cars.

Tomley has a good review

Mine has been suitably abused by my Son who managed to go full speed into a fence post in an open field. It literally exploded but when I’d picked up all the bits it had only bent a hinge pin. Everything else went back together and all is good. They are great cars.

Tomley has a good review

Haha! That's very impressive. I'm sure my son will try to out do yours. He's already worked out that skate parks = huge air time and we haven't even been to one.

I forgot to ask. Are there any sites that are well known for doing Black Friday sales?

I want to get myself an Arrma Mojave 4S as my first car, but I'm not in any rush and saving money is more important since I also need to buy batteries, charger etc.

I forgot to ask. Are there any sites that are well known for doing Black Friday sales?

I want to get myself an Arrma Mojave 4S as my first car, but I'm not in any rush and saving money is more important since I also need to buy batteries, charger etc.

Where are you located? I've been thinking of selling my Mojave 6s, batteries, charger, radio etc. but finding the right location to sell it is a pain in the arse as its too big and heavy to easily post. If you're localish, i could list here in the MM if you're interested.

Where are you located? I've been thinking of selling my Mojave 6s, batteries, charger, radio etc. but finding the right location to sell it is a pain in the arse as its too big and heavy to easily post. If you're localish, i could list here in the MM if you're interested.

On the west side of Surrey but I’m not allergic to a road trip.

I haven’t researched the 6S at all, but I think it’s bigger than what I’m looking for.

On the west side of Surrey but I’m not allergic to a road trip.

I haven’t researched the 6S at all, but I think it’s bigger than what I’m looking for.

I've got too many RC cars haha, slowly clearing the collection out as i just don't have time to use them all so mainly just use the 1/10th racing buggy for indoor track days and the tamiya's with the kids.

The 6s is only a little big bigger the than the 4s but heavier and quicker etc. I often just run it on 3s or 4s batteries though as the 6s speed is rarely needed.

I've got too many RC cars haha, slowly clearing the collection out as i just don't have time to use them all so mainly just use the 1/10th racing buggy for indoor track days and the tamiya's with the kids.

The 6s is only a little big bigger the than the 4s but heavier and quicker etc. I often just run it on 3s or 4s batteries though as the 6s speed is rarely needed.

I'd have to go down the rabbit hole of researching how the two cars compare with each other.

1/10 already feels large and the 4S is 1/8. Not sure a virgin like me is ready for 1/7 :cry:

Back
Top Bottom