• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Sorry, posted the wrong picture. I was meant to put up the DLSS version
rtx_defenders-dlss.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RTX has great potential on my system (in sig) - looks brilliant.
Lol :)

If another crysis rig destroyer game came out today everyone would cry that it was unoptimized crap, or our hardware was terrible for not being able to run out above 60fps and demand a patch or driver to be able to run it

It is a little annoying that some people do not understand when a game comes out that is ahead of it's time and even on medium looks better than other games and plays fine but in Ultra plays at 20fps. People feel they have to play on Ultra and when they cannot they cry.

I love what Crysis did. It made me enjoy upgrading my graphics card for a long time :)

Nvidia should sponsor Crytek to make a new PC exclusive like Cysis. Then lock any setting beyond High in game. Then allow people who are not noobs to unlock the higher settings in the .ini file. That way less crying from noobs who don't get it.

This is the problem I have - people keep writing off the underlying tech on the basis of their hardware not doing it and current implementations being lacking or just woeful - but the tech really does have transformative capabilities when used properly and we aren't that far off having the hardware to back it up either. nVidia I think really should rush out an "RTX core" at a knock down price that can sit in a PCI-e x1 slot or something and provide such functionality to any GPU as a loss leader kind of thing to get the ball properly rolling. (Though maybe the current implementation doesn't have the flexibility to offload like that I dunno - theoretically it is possible).

There will always be people happy to pay through the nose to beta test, so don't see them taking a hit but see it as an opportunity to make even more profit.

Nvidia could be doing many things to get things going or to improve things for consumers, but they won't as what they are doing now works just fine and people are happy. If people went to consoles in droves and their sales dropped hugely, I am sure they would change their tune rapidly.

Hopefully the 3000 series brings a lot more to the table :D

Probably off sulking their shows ended up being crap and got cancelled :p

rtx_defenders.jpg

Sorry, posted the wrong picture. I was meant to put up the DLSS version
rtx_defenders-dlss.jpg

Muahahahahaha :D

But do you have a RTX card? Have you seen it person? When sitting 10 foot away, can't tell the difference in quality apparently. Just free performance! It's great!!! :D:p:D

Man of Honour
I ask because I don't see those resolutions as an option in the game. I was wondering how it works...

Edit:
Hmm, I wonder if I have to put the render resolution to 100% in game???

Let me try BFV.

Was going to say have you tried different games? as some games are daft and only expose standard resolutions in the menu sometimes even a pre-compiled list and you might have to manually enter a custom resolution into the games config/ini files.

Soldato
Was going to say have you tried different games? as some games are daft and only expose standard resolutions in the menu sometimes even a pre-compiled list and you might have to manually enter a custom resolution into the games config/ini files.
Yeah, I tried 2 games so far and those resolution options aren't available.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No, because I'm not a chump with more money than brains
Oohhh... Shots fired! :D

Sunshine must be fuming for sure now :p

Never seen this. Does it work on any graphics card?

Would this work better than the upscaling windows/monitor does? When I tried that many years ago there was a big difference in quality compared to running on a monitor that has the native resolution in question.

Permabanned
You need a filter though only one transition works without one 1:1 which is 1080p going x4 to 4k you can map pixels 1:1 and sample four times per pixel. This is why DSR is such a champion at 0% smoothing the default Nvidia use is 33% which is for non native like going from 1440p to 4k would need scaled plus filtered which adds blur.

Normally i would say stay away from non 1:1 downsampling in tools because of the scalers and it is dead tech walking anyways all of these tools are bandages for the problems of not having 4k monitors with good refresh and a good price. :(

But think about when this is applied now correctly with a scaling friendly game UI like wow or overwatch you are basically free to do 4k on any 1080p monitor which considering they cap out at around £500 for 240hz opens up a really cheap avenue for 4k now while you wait for prices to fall.

Associate
OP
Oohhh... Shots fired! :D

Sunshine must be fuming for sure now :p

Never seen this. Does it work on any graphics card?

Would this work better than the upscaling windows/monitor does? When I tried that many years ago there was a big difference in quality compared to running on a monitor that has the native resolution in question.

I am still here. Its always good to hear contrary opinions even though ultimately its only my opinion I care about {insert ☺ smiley face here}

Seriously though I am genuinely happy with the 2080 I bought. It will see me through probably to the 4000 series cards. Its good to see that my thread has at least generated some debate

My next thread will be entitied

really getting fed up of the posts saying Boris Johnson does not work for this country

Soldato
Ryse Son of Rome was short but so sweet. Really loved that game.

Crytek really did a number with this game, too bad they ruined it with QTEs. Love how well the visuals scale with resolution. What's strange though is how they put all this money into making all these assets but don't even re-use them. Seems like such a waste.

Soldato
Crytek really did a number with this game, too bad they ruined it with QTEs. Love how well the visuals scale with resolution. What's strange though is how they put all this money into making all these assets but don't even re-use them. Seems like such a waste.

The only thing that annoyed me in this game is the wrong armour the main character wears. Lorica Segmentata was given to new recruits only at around 44AD.
Everyone else already serving in the army used Lorica Hamata (chain mail) and they despised Segmentata, especially veterans who wanted the more flexible chain regardless if it was pain to clean it every night. Also Hamata was coming in different sizes & builds. Segmentata had 2 sizes only, and going bit fat was difficult to wear.
Also the armour was something the army charge you for and took from your pay, alongside all the other gear. So changing armour, weapons etc was too expensive and everyone kept them meticulous until their discharge or death.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am still here. Its always good to hear contrary opinions even though ultimately its only my opinion I care about {insert ☺ smiley face here}
Agreed.

Its good to see that my thread has at least generated some debate
Half of it was because of me being on a bit of a light hearted wind up :);)

Gregster's fault really, I learned from him :D

Graphics card space won't get interesting until we see Nvidia's 7nm cards imo.

really getting fed up of the posts saying Boris Johnson does not work for this country
Please ping me when you do. Would love to see how that would go down :D

Soldato

Textures look good but you can see it's an older game. The lighting and shadows isn't quite up to 2019 standard, let alone ray tracing standard. And some of the animations look very artificial.

It's hilarious that even today, the best animations ever seen in a game is from a PS4 exclusive

Back
Top Bottom