• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ok, let me phrase it another way. They both look bad as each other. Can’t really tell on an iPad in bed right now :p

Get some 4K ones up at a decent scene and I will soon tell you :D

Soldato
the darker areas look brighter in the DLSS pic, seems to be consistent across the earlier posted Control pics too. Can't say I am qualified to say whether that means it is better or worse though. On some of the pics I think the DLSS pic looks slightly grainier but only really on the zoomed in pics. Definitely would vote using DLSS in control though given the pics are very similar in quality with an obvious perf gain for DLSS.

Would be interesting to see how DLSS compares to a lower res rendered and with just bog standard sharpening applied. IE quality comparisons with similar performance.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So you're saying that DLSS and Native looks the same. Ok what happened to the narrative that DLSS is worse
I am saying they both look rubbish. I am saying I would never play them at that resolution. Also as I said I am on an iPad, maybe I could tell the difference if I was on my pc. Also maybe in action DLSS does other weird things, I don’t know. Never tried it in person.

What I do know is until DLSS 2, apart from a few games DLSS has been rubbish. DLSS 2 does seem a lot better and I hope it genuinely is, as I may end up using it in the near future when the RTX 3070 comes out as that will likely be my next GPU.

Go get us some 4K pictures and not just one, do quite a few if your really want to prove a point.

Soldato
Go get us some 4K pictures and not just one, do quite a few if your really want to prove a point.

Alright then. 3440x1440, max settings this time. Which one is better?

DLSS - scaled up from 50% of 3440x1440p

rnahiocr.icv.jpg

Native 3440x1440

tsiyw4mb.rat.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Do you not have 4K? Also why do people say this game looks great? It looks rubbish to me. Go to a different area in the game where it does not look so crap. Bloody concrete, carpet, smoke and cartoony characters everywhere. Lol

Soldato
close enough, you're really picking straws now just cause your eyes can't tell the difference. just admit dlss looks like native.

also obviously you haven't played it - the game takes place in a office building

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
close enough, you're really picking straws now just cause your eyes can't tell the difference. just admit dlss looks like native.

also obviously you haven't played it - the game takes place in a office building
Lol. I am not going to admit such a thing based on a couple of screen shots taken by someone that seems to be hellbent on prooving a point. Once I see a lot more screenshots by many people and we get a hardwareunboxed analysis then I will happy you are right.

What makes me laugh about it is you are going on like as if I am arguing against it.

Here are my two posts since you started your posts about DLSS 2.0 looking better than native:

Nice. Hopefully all big titles come with this day one. Looking forward to a RTX 3070 and I am glad I waited as I knew it would take at least 1 gen for them to get things out of beta :D

I would leave the title as is until there are more DLSS 2.0 games than there are DLSS 1.0 though :p

Guys, I am sure what he or they are referring to is native res + say taa vs dlss 2. In such case it may look better perhaps. Many games however are fine without any anti aliasing being needed, for those games obviously it cannot be better.

At least that is my take on it.

Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Edit: Here is a much better screen shot you could have used for example:

1.png

Last edited:
Soldato
In Control there is a big difference compared to the previous version of DLSS, but is not perfect. In some areas is too sharp and can look like you've applied to much sharpness to an image in post production. Also where is noise, at native resolution the noise is static, while with DLSS it "moves", shivers. Remedy did not bother still to provide a proper wide/triple screen support, but it looks like DLSS is still limited to some resolutions only. Not great, not terrible. A step in the right direction for sure.

Soldato
Ok, just be honest, I think it's still fine but lets see what you guys think. Which one do you guys like more?

Image 1: DLSS to 1080p from 720p

Image 2: Native 1080p

Which one do you guys like more?

Image 2, native 1080p. There are more details on the stairs, walls. The first image looks like "low" texture setting.
Just look at the wall and the holes/scratches. Feels like playing on PS3 a 10y old game on image 1.

Back
Top Bottom