• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
I avoid using any form of aa at 4K whenever I can. Though some games need it still. I guess for those using DLSS would be beneficial.

DLSS 2X for AA is actually very good compared to things like TAA. Without the artifacts ro performance loss.

Is a shame that they have not released any games with it.

Soldato
I find GTA V I can get away with no AA at 4K.

Weirdly, think it was Kingdom Come, I think it was with AA on rather than off the performance was ever so slightly higher, not sure it happens on other games.

This happens in AC Odyssey on AA low/medium compared to off as well, but it shouldn't have been happening in KCD since that isn't using that kind of AA which uses lower res frames so probably something else happened there (playing through it right now as it happens :p).

Soldato
DLSS 2.0 is here and it's awesome. And Yes Control is support v2.0 in its new DLC available on launch of its first DLC on 26 March. Make sure you download today's game ready driver it updates DLSS to 2.0 for Control and Mechwarrior 5.

Also is that DLSS 2.0 doesn't just offer 2x scaling mode but 4x scaling is coming too which gives the user the option to scale up to 4K from 1080p.

Nvidia has also announced that so far they've sold 15 million RTX gpus.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the look of this but my only problem is this game is old hat now. Nvidia need to get this in games when they release. No point in doing it months years when nobody is playing them any more. Really promising though and could be a game changer if only it's ready at launch with the same quality. If they can do this then free performance boost for all Nvidia users with great image quality. It's basically what DLSS should have been when launched. Props to Nvidia for fixing it to a good standard.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I like the look of this but my only problem is this game is old hat now. Nvidia need to get this in games when they release. No point in doing it months years when nobody is playing them any more. Really promising though and could be a game changer if only it's ready at launch with the same quality. If they can do this then free performance boost for all Nvidia users with great image quality. It's basically what DLSS should have been when launched. Props to Nvidia for fixing it to a good standard.
+1

Want to see it day 1 on Cyberpunk 2077. That is assuming the RTX 3070 is out by then for me to make use of it.

Caporegime
DLSS2 is much easier to integrate so should really be available on all new games at launch if the developer wants

Soldato
We need to change this thread's name to: DLSS is awesome

Control was given DLSS 2.0 today.

Enjoy, you get better than native 4k image and 50 to 60% extra performance.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Nice. Hopefully all big titles come with this day one. Looking forward to a RTX 3070 and I am glad I waited as I knew it would take at least 1 gen for them to get things out of beta :D

I would leave the title as is until there are more DLSS 2.0 games than there are DLSS 1.0 though :p

Soldato
Mechwarrior 5 was also given DLSS 2.0 today. Again it looks better than native and has up to 100% extra performance!

Native 4k

DLSS 2.0 (upscaled from 1440p)

Last edited:
Soldato

Looks fake.

Why does the one on the left have smudges and artifacts round the girls hair if it's native 4k.

Looks like someone like someone got a 4k video then uploaded it in 720p or something.

I have never seen native 4k look anything like that.

EDIT: ( Might be the fact youtube has lowered my qaulity default down.)

But still the 4k native looks like trash even on 4k youtube vid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really weird how this thread exists, and moreso that people keep updating it so it doesnt disappear. Like mentioned above its a moan thread, waste of forum space.

Yet you chose to contribute to what you describe as a "moan thread, waste of forum space" - I suggest doing something else with your time if that's how you truly feel. I for one think the thread is interesting and value other's opinions.

Soldato
"Better than Native".

That is subjective as it comes. The Native looks like it is being displayed as intended with intentional blur in the distance etc. The DLSS looks like it has been sharpened, shadow/lighting missing etc. There is not denying it looks sharper, but is that actually how it was meant to look?

Permabanned

If you spent 20 minutes rubbing onion juice in to my eyes I may beleive you. Otherwise I am not that gullible...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Guys, I am sure what he or they are referring to is native res + say taa vs dlss 2. In such case it may look better perhaps. Many games however are fine without any anti aliasing being needed, for those games obviously it cannot be better.

At least that is my take on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom