• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Again... with so few games even using this tech, why is it even such a hot topic? Why is grim so adamant that this is the greatest thing in the world?

I cannot stand the marketing, and all the media sucking up that it is a 'performance boost'. It isn't. It is a trick that gets lesser quality in 4 games....4. You STILL take a performance HIT to scale it up. If you are suffering with frames, then you don't have a good enough card. Essentially this is Nvidia saying that you don't have good enough hardware lol. (A little factious with that last sentence).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Again... with so few games even using this tech, why is it even such a hot topic? Why is grim so adamant that this is the greatest thing in the world?

I cannot stand the marketing, and all the media sucking up that it is a 'performance boost'. It isn't. It is a trick that gets lesser quality in 4 games....4. You STILL take a performance HIT to scale it up. If you are suffering with frames, then you don't have a good enough card. Essentially this is Nvidia saying that you don't have good enough hardware lol. (A little factious with that last sentence).
You should get a mod to rename the thread "really getting fed up with Grim5's posts stating DLSS 2.0 is the greatest thing in the world" :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's an opinion, I just don't understand why the promotion of it. Let's be honest V1 sucked. V2 is significantly better, but it can barely be used anywhere right now.
He is the only one going mad about it. The rest seem to be like us where we think it is nice and will use it at some point but until we see it being released regularly in games it may just end up being like another ****** gameworks feature that is released on a handful of games. I will sing it's praises in a year or two if they manage to get it in most games and continue to improve it :)

Soldato
It's an opinion, I just don't understand why the promotion of it. Let's be honest V1 sucked. V2 is significantly better, but it can barely be used anywhere right now.

It's the feature I was most excited about when Turing first launched. Then it turned out to be useless. Which is probably why it didn't make it into all the games it was supposed to be in. It also explains why they didn't have a game ready when Turing launched.

DLSS 2.0 though is what I expected from DLSS 1.0. That's why I am promoting it. It's in 5 games already and in the Unreal game engine. Which is pretty good considering it only launched last month.

Soldato
I still disagree with the claim that it is better than native image though. Not many will know DLSS is a form of AA.

I really like the tech. Just can't get behind it being compared to native with taa/fxaa and then say it has better image quality. The reason it is more of an issue for me I guess is because I play at 4K and have played many games without AA just fine.

I will have to see for myself. But it does look very good and I may very well end up using it in every game even at 4K. Certainly would love the benefit from the boost of fps. It will mean I can keep the card I get much longer and skip a gen.

Everyone is different. Some people can't stand to play on native without some form of AA. I know I don't like it. Even at 4K( which I don't play too often) I can't stand the jaggies.

That's why it's been said that it's better than Native. You get the clear sharp image without the jaggies and you also win because you don't get the softness that TAA and FXAA introduce.

And that's my take on it after seeing both Control and Youngblood for myself. Would definitely take DLSS 2.0 over native any day of the week.

It's not going to make any difference visually to those people, like yourself, who play quite contently without any AA. But, you might like the extra performance. :)

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Everyone is different. Some people can't stand to play on native without some form of AA. I know I don't like it. Even at 4K( which I don't play too often) I can't stand the jaggies.

That's why it's been said that it's better than Native. You get the clear sharp image without the jaggies and you also win because you don't get the softness that TAA and introduce.

And that's my take on it after seeing both Control and Youngblood for myself. Would definitely take DLSS 2.0 over native any day of the week.

It's not going to make any difference visually to those people, like yourself, who play quite contently without any AA. But, you might like the extra performance. :)
Will like the extra performance for sure :p

I just hope it gets into most triple a games and not something that will fizzle out like all other gameworks stuff they have done in the past.

Soldato
People who say they play their game at 4K with no AA, either old as games or you're lying or you need to go to specsavers.

Most modern games now use constructions techniques that demand TAA, turning it off results in jagged city and I can't belive anyone who play it like that

Man of Honour
People who say they play their game at 4K with no AA, either old as games or you're lying or you need to go to specsavers.

Most modern games now use constructions techniques that demand TAA, turning it off results in jagged city and I can't belive anyone who play it like that

I can get away with reducing AA at 4K but yeah unless you have a tiny screen it doesn't even come close to removing the need for any AA at all.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Don't need you to believe me. As for lying, that sounds like something more up your alley ;)

I can get away with reducing AA at 4K but yeah unless you have a tiny screen it doesn't even come close to removing the need for any AA at all.
Lucky for me I never claimed it did. I said many games I play I get away just fine without needing it on, but there are many that are horrible without any AA. One of the best examples of a game of the top of my head where I do not require any AA is any of the recent tomb raider games. The worst example is something like Pray which has a lot of jaggies, or as an even newer title something like Resident Evil 3 Remake which also has a lot of jaggies.

I still stick with what I said. Comparing an image with DLSS vs an image that has fxaa or taa and calling that native resolution is not right imo.

Soldato
Apparently some people only play Control... all day every day, where DLSS 2.0 is also apparently essential... *rolleyes*

melmac: If it gets into more games, then that would be another useful option for people to have. I really think it needs to be agnostic in some form though.

Soldato
If you haven't tried the demo yet, you have 2 days left. Even if you don't have RTX, it's a fantastic game! Can't wait for the full release. And what a soundtrack!!

Soldato
gavriil-klimov-m-final-16.jpg

NVIDIA Marbles RTX https://www.artstation.com/artwork/e0Eyv6

Finally can share something that I consider truly outstanding for the future of computer graphics and makes me so happy about the work we are doing at NVIDIA. In the last few months, we have been working on a playable minigame that runs entirely on our platform called NVIDIA Omniverse: project Marbles RTX. I acted as creative director and art director for the project.
It's a fully playable game that is ENTIRELY ray-traced, denoised by NVIDIA's AI and DLSS, and obeys the laws of physics - all running in real-time on a single RTX GPU. Absolutely mind-blowing.
The work done on this demo from both engineers and artists is truly outstanding and I am excited about what's to come next. Huge props to the art team who killed it and did an amazing job. I am so proud of you guys: Jacob Norris Artur Szymczak Andrej Štefančík Ilya Shelementsev Alessandro Baldasseroni Fred Hooper Gregor Kopka. We also had the help of some freelancers thank you so much to Аня Кауфманн, Egor Protonov, Emmanuel Marshall, Gabriel Cervantes, Jonjo Hemmens, Kyle Kr, Madina Chionidi, Mario Dalla, Matteo Mingozzi, Reno Lonewolf Levi and Samir Benounis. Watch it here: http://nvda.ws/3bHFbT3

xeDLOQQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom