Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm glad you like it :) .

The last mission ive done is basically....drive a big cart from A to B, told then to go with same cart from B to C then spent a further 5 minutes pressing up on an analogue stick to make drinks followed by a shooting gallery just zzz. Its a shame as i was really looking forward to this.

Ill google the story i think lol.

I think I know that mission you're on about. Can't say I found it boring, as I like the dialogue between the characters etc, plus you get to do something while the dialogue is playing out.

But I like games like Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Telltale Walking dead etc, and also looking forward to playing Detroit.

I'd be interested to know if those who aren't liking it ever played the first game?

Soldato
I played the first game, i also played Red Dead Redemption ;). I really enjoyed the RDR1, I felt it was paced better and wasnt as stale.

It could just be that this has come at a time in my life where i cant dedicated 60 hours to one game so these missions as ive mentioned above just seem like a complete waste of time, it feels like filler to me.

Soldato
I reached chapter 5 last night.

Seeing a lot of people who loved RDR1 turn on this one. I played through that one early this year and it was fine, but very dull imo. I struggled to get through it 8 years ago but forced myself to mainline the story in time for this one.

It too consists of ride from a to b, shoot, ride home. They have added more variety here imo but I'll agree maybe they could be doing a bit more with mission design. Then so could every open world game of late

Soldato
I only get an hour every few nights on this so my progress is slow to say the least. I did a few more of the story missions last night and I'm really enjoying it. I'm taking it easy, often finding myself just wandering around looking at the world and enjoying the random encounters along the way. I did the fishing mission so now I've got a fishing rod to use as well. It's a wonderfully realised world and it doesn't feel empty which is great. I feel like I've been transported back to the day that this is set in.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it, finished it off on Saturday, I could stay on and aim for 100% completion but ive done 88% of that along the way (didn't exactly rush and did every side mission and stranger mission i could on the way). I think I will give it a break and enjoy BFV till the online is up and running.

I dont get the hate for the pacing, I enjoyed it very much and really didn't mind any of the missions even in the epilogue where some of them are a little annoying, it all pushes along a good story and some great presentation.

I loved RDR1 and really enjoyed the emotional journey, I'm surprised how well this followed that tone.

Associate
So as previously said i completed this game with 80% + cant remember the actual figure just mid to high 80's and then promptly put it on Facebook to sell it, took a week but finally had a guy show up and pay me. Managed to get £40 back for the game which is pretty good considering cost £10 for roughly 50 hours!

For me its a game that is very forgettable, and not much of it "stands out"

Im now back to playing assassins creed which i already have 60+ hours on and still not completed it, hopefully have at least another 10+ hours.

I normally buy my games on release day, complete them and then they sit on the shelf to never be touched again. But with the rising cost and seeming games now are £50 i have decided to sell them as soon as i complete them, Missed the boat with Tomb raider, that tanked in price, Assassins creed is probably not worth much now either. But looking at my game shelf and considering each game cost me at least £40+ the total is eye watering! especially now if you add them up you would struggle to get £40 for the whole let together!

Associate
I finished the game a couple of days ago.

I think it's the game of the generation and I see myself playing it for hours again, but I think I will simply explore New Austin a little bit, wait to see what online is all about, and then stop, as I do not want to get too burned out in anticipation of a PC release.

But yeah, worth every penny.

Associate
I'm still fairly early on in Chapter 2.. it's genuinely a great game, it's slower but that's to be expected given what it's doing. I'll try to complete it but I don't get a massive window of opportunity to play games anymore.

Soldato
Couldn't see myself finishing the rest of the side quests/activities after finishing the story so sold the game today to CeX for £40

So £10 for 40+ hours, not bad.

Someone else said they buy all the big new games at launch, rinse them and flog while they still have value. I just can't seem to part with games personally, is the collector in me even if I don't play them again, hence why I have boxes of Dreamcast games and the like.

Soldato
Couldn't see myself finishing the rest of the side quests/activities after finishing the story so sold the game today to CeX for £40
There are some interesting things that open up after the story ends tbh.

you can find the old gang members in the world and get a little cutscene with each one.
Visit the graves of the characters who died
New Austin opens up, which is a latlrge area with a few bounty quests and events.
Some more stranger missions open up
Legendary animal hunts and fishing.
Almost every side quest is still open.

I'm still playing it a bit each day a week after finishing it... Now I don't have to do the poorly designed story missions it is a lot more fun!

Soldato
I wish it was back in the days of PC shareware / demos so you could legitimately try a game before you purchased it. As such I've now got a £50 digital paperweight sitting on my HDD.

I rarely buy digital on console, unless they are cheap in the sales. The fact they charge the same, or usually a lot less for the disc version just makes it a bitter pill to swallow.

Did you pre-order too? :)

How the publishers got people to buy into digital pre-ordered is beyond me, the bonus content usually ends up being some rubbish items which are superseded immediately or just cosmetic nonsense.

I have rubbish internet (fibre in 2 weeks thankfully!), being able to pre-load is the only useful reason I can see but buying the disc, playing v1.0 for a couple of days while the patches download seems the much better option. Especially since we're buying half finished games now where the multiplayer won't even be ready for weeks after launch.

Soldato
I think the thing that I like most about this game is just the whole visual experience. The world is beautiful, playing alongside AC Odyssey you can really see the difference - AC has a huge map but it all just looks very similar. I like how diverse the map is here.

Soldato
I'd like them to add a way to do lots of things quicker. Some things are really tedious. I've done a lot of hunting and fishing, and I now have over 200 bits of meat. Just cooking one piece is tedious let alone all of them!

Back
Top Bottom