Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Completed Chapter 5 and I think that's killed this game for me now, didn't enjoy that chapter one bit, I just want to get it completed and sell it on now - Halfway through Chapter 6, is there much more left to do? :p

It is a great game and so detailed but some things are infuriating, like the guns just randomly (or script-idly) changing! Don't see any point in eating lol - How fat can Arthur get, any pics? :D

After Chapter 6 you have two Epilogues to get through. Worth finishing imo.

Soldato
I don't agree with an earlier comment I saw in this thread about the world feeling empty and lifeless, this game has one of the most realistic, alive environments I've ever played. I swear some people are playing a different version or something or live in an alternative reality :D

I can understand people having differing opinions on controls, gameplay etc. but there is literally no arguing against the world and the graphics, they are the best of any game to date and that's a fact!

Soldato
I found a few things helped the controls:

Use the standard FPS option
Set deadzone all the way down
Set acceleration all the way up
Set run to toggle rather than tap

I also set the QTE button presses to 2x speed as QTEs annoy me.

Playing in 1-2 hour bursts definitely helps, I aim to do one mission then spend any other time doing a bit of hunting or do a manual save and go on a shooting spree :)

Soldato
NO SPOILERS: Completed this now, my number one tip is to have a many "valuable" items as possible in your satchel before completing prologue 2

What a truly incredible story mode, although I enjoyed every minute of it I found the Saint Denis parts the least enjoyable. I Even enjoyed the Prologues. Now carrying on with all the side missions and collectible stuff

As it stands right now (without knowing anything about the online side) this is my Game of The Year.
10/10

Soldato
I've been playing this game a lot recently, finished the main story and am into the post game.

As much as i've enjoyed all the tiny details and the atmosphere, I think the pacing of it ruined a lot of it for me.

Maybe I just don't have the patience, but having to do a long old horse ride between missions really ground my gears. There'd often be missions far apart enough, where it's not viable to get a stagecoach or a train so I had to ride to them.

I'd normally just stick cinematic mode on and have the horse automatically travel while sitting on my phone or something, i just found those parts super tedious. Then normally some bounty hunters would turn up and I would either get shot to bits or killed since i wouldn't realise as it still is in cinematic mode. I just wish they gave the option to fast travel at camp sites like the first one did, not everyone has to use it, but if you're lazy like me you certainly can.

Associate
OP
There's a limited fast travel option if you upgrade Arthur's lodgings.

Only works one way though from the camp to destination. You can't return from the destination to camp unless you stagecoach/train/horse ride.

A bit of a meh implementation so I've not bothered with it. I always ride to the destination as its never normally longer than a 5 mins ride and a lot can happen in that 5 mins!

Shawrey

Soldato
Finished chapter 6 and started epilogue 1!

The last hour of chapter 6 was fantastic, however:
I really wish I had a saved game before Arthur died. There are a few of the side missions I never completed and I really liked playing as Arthur, I wanted to get all the legendary animals with him :(.
So far the epilogue is a bit....naff! I've arrived at the farm with John and shoved some horse poo.....seems like a bit of an anti-climax so far :(. Will I be able to go and free-roam with John at least?

Soldato
Finished chapter 6 and started epilogue 1!

The last hour of chapter 6 was fantastic, however:
I really wish I had a saved game before Arthur died. There are a few of the side missions I never completed and I really liked playing as Arthur, I wanted to get all the legendary animals with him :(.
So far the epilogue is a bit....naff! I've arrived at the farm with John and shoved some horse poo.....seems like a bit of an anti-climax so far :(. Will I be able to go and free-roam with John at least?

Yes you can

Soldato
Can anyone tell me what the point of train robberies is when the authorities seem to just magically know that you're in the middle of robbing the train even whilst it's moving? It's the most ridiculous mechanic in a game like this. I jump onto the train to rob it, take out the guard at the back, and then make my way through, and then after picking up a single item from the train (a can of beans ffs!), I'm all of a sudden wanted and the law are on their way. It takes a really fun option out of the game for me because robbing a train, getting a few dollars and then being known (whilst wearing a full face mask btw), wanted and having a $75 bounty on my head seems utterly pointless to me (I robbed a passenger train that had completely empty carriages!).

They've nailed many of the little details in this game, but stuff like the above infuriates me. How do the law know I'm on the train robbing it after I've picked up a can of beans? There are no mobile phones, no radios, nothing that can possibly alert the law to your presence on a train in the middle of absolutely nowhere. For a game that prides itself on the attention to detail, this is a seriously flawed system.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me what the point of train robberies is when the authorities seem to just magically know that you're in the middle of robbing the train even whilst it's moving? It's the most ridiculous mechanic in a game like this. I jump onto the train to rob it, take out the guard at the back, and then make my way through, and then after picking up a single item from the train (a can of beans ffs!), I'm all of a sudden wanted and the law are on their way. It takes a really fun option out of the game for me because robbing a train, getting a few dollars and then being known (whilst wearing a full face mask btw), wanted and having a $75 bounty on my head seems utterly pointless to me (I robbed a passenger train that had completely empty carriages!).

They've nailed many of the little details in this game, but stuff like the above infuriates me. How do the law know I'm on the train robbing it after I've picked up a can of beans? There are no mobile phones, no radios, nothing that can possibly alert the law to your presence on a train in the middle of absolutely nowhere. For a game that prides itself on the attention to detail, this is a seriously flawed system.

The wanted system is something that need's tweaking, hopefully the next patch we will se some improvements. I can't see how hard it can be to fix some of this stuff, as you say you should be able to take out the guard at rear of train and board, and then make your way through the train robbing people without getting the law onto you in seconds.
Seen as we are still waiting on a patch since release, I do like to believe that Rockstar are looking at things like this.

Associate
OP
I saw some random guys robbing a train last night, they had no law after them when they finished but as soon as you do it they are everywhere. Is it a little annoying I can agree with you.

Had this riding past Rhodes. Load of O'Driscoll's raiding a train. Needless to say they got some deadeye treatment and much to my surprise they hadn't looted the train yet and I rode off with some tasty free loot!

Yeah it's a shame the law don't turn up when NPCs are doing bad stuff

No law alarmed while I was helping myself to some free loot :D

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom