Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Finished last night overall it was an enjoyable game albeit with a few niggles in some of the mission mechanics and a few odd occurrences but a solid 9/10 overall from me ,shame its over but all games reach that point.

Associate
Have to say that playing the first RDR again is proving just as enjoyable as the follow up. Graphics aren't as detailed that's for sure , but some things look pretty damn close in certain areas (Xbox One X 2560 x 1440) It really makes you appreciate the world they created back then.

Also finding the actual gameplay a lot more fun. Dead Eye just works better (some say too well and everything's too easy - but I much prefer it)
I'm 30 hours in and 40% complete on RDR1. After that I'll get to do RDR Undead.

Really starting to love my controller (and as a diehard FPS PC gamer old timer I never ever thought I'd say that)

Kicked back , feet up in a comfy chair vs hunched over the Keyboard and Mouse with massive intensity.

I know what my digestion prefers.

Burp.

Caporegime
Really starting to love my controller (and as a diehard FPS PC gamer old timer I never ever thought I'd say that)

Kicked back , feet up in a comfy chair vs hunched over the Keyboard and Mouse with massive intensity.

I know what my digestion prefers.

Burp.

+1 to that!

Hate having to sit at a desk now.

Soldato
The first few hours are very very slow, it’s more of a prologue and a tutorial. Give it time though, a masterpiece even with the clunky controls.
Bought the game off the MM and began playing yesterday.

Christ the controls are bad. The controls and menus are typical Rockstar cluster duck affairs when you're coming off the back of AC:Odyssey that streamlines everything so it's nice to see nothing has changed since GTAV.

So far roaming around Valentine and doing odd jobs here and there. I read very little about this game as I despise what Rockstar have turned into these days - however I was blown away to see John Marsten and Bill in this game at the start :eek:

Associate
Finished the story today, 9/10 for me, the story telling from the end of Chapter 5 through to the end was some of the best ive ever seen, the game is not without its faults but my game of the year.

Soldato
I wish there was a story mode where you could just pick a mission and have it play out automatically. I quite like the characters and story but the token amount of input required to progress makes me zzzzz.

Associate
I wish there was a story mode where you could just pick a mission and have it play out automatically. I quite like the characters and story but the token amount of input required to progress makes me zzzzz.

I agree . I found I could barely play more than ten minute sessions on it which I have never experienced in a game of this kind before.

Soldato
Not quite sure what online is all about. Thought I'd give it a try to break the tedium of the single player.....but it seems like it's just more the same, but with microtransactions :/

Back
Top Bottom