Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
All i did with the camp really was donate all the stuff rather than selling to the fence. It saves you traveling quite far and out of your way and you can then just buy the camp requirements and upgrades from there. Once you fully upgrade it you can then fast travel using the map.

Soldato
All i did with the camp really was donate all the stuff rather than selling to the fence. It saves you traveling quite far and out of your way and you can then just buy the camp requirements and upgrades from there. Once you fully upgrade it you can then fast travel using the map.
The fast travel was my main incentive to upgrade the camp to be honest ,pretty much after that you get more money then you know what to do with :p

Soldato
After purchasing the game almost 2 weeks ago, I am still on Chapter 2 and absolutely loving the game much to my surprise. I've been on Chapter 2 for ages because hunting and exploring is so much fun. The world Rockstar have made has way exceeeded my expectations completely.

I've been focusing on hunting in order to upgrade the camp visuals via Pearson as well as Arthur's gear loadout obviously. Tamed the white Arabian horse the other day and whilst it is fast, it is useless in battle vs the Ardennes warhorse that is my main ride since starting the game. Might make an attempt to push to Chapter 3 soon :o Got about 3k in cash saved up and besides weapons I am not sure what else to do with it right now.

In terms of world detail the game absolutely blows AC: Odyssey out of the water, the latter of which is hugely cut & paste once you see it all. The controls I found very slow and cumbersome at first, have since become second nature and I've yet to punch my horse :D

Soldato
Yeah, this looks and feels almost like a next-gen title in many respects. It's only let down by the controls a bit. I love the atmosphere and scale of Odyssey but I totally agree.

Soldato
As far as I can tell it would only affect people's conversations. I can't see it affecting any character deaths/major choices as they seem hard baked into the story (basing this on having finished the entire game).

Good to know thanks :)

Soldato
There's a fair bit of character development done at the camp, be it via conversations or activities like hunting and fishing. It doesn't amount to a lot of gameplay but it is a lot of content to bypass in terms of the story of each of the characters.

Associate
For those who have done the story missions; I read a comment from a YouTuber that it is best to keep 6 gold bars back when approaching either the beginning or the end of chapter 6 (can't recall which), is this true?
I'm on chapter 3 so don't want spoiler just need to know if I need to try and find more gold bars, although I've got all the bars from 3 treasure maps I'm not sure how many more there are.

Also want to say I love the game, love the detail but the some aspects are a tad laborious.

Soldato
There's no harm grabbing gold bars at any point but by Ch3/4 you will have plenty of money and you're better off keeping gold/valuables rather than selling them because you won't lose items but can lose money later. Won't say anymore as there are massive spoilers involved.

Soldato
Going to try and crack on with this over the weekend, I have been playing BFV a lot since its release and I left this at about chapter 3, not sure how long it will take me if I just aim for the main missions now to complete the story, want to move on really, for me the game is great but can be a bit of a grind and I dislike the controls.
Plan to get AC odyssey next which is in the sale.

Soldato
Does knowing the main character dies ruin the game? [mid game] Some ******* in the youtube comments section posted a spoiler in caps in an unrelated post... I have already played RDR1.

Soldato
Does knowing the main character dies ruin the game? [mid game] Some ******* in the youtube comments section posted a spoiler in caps in an unrelated post... I have already played RDR1.

Not too much, there's a pretty obvious point really quite early where I suspected Arthur was not going to make it out alive. It's also logical since he isn't in RDR1 and by the time he dies it isn't a surprise at all, I won't say more than than that as it's further spoilers.

To be honest the main story isn't the best part of the game anyway, I found some of the side missions/strangers more enjoyable and they don't have Dutch which is good since he is (intentionally I know) a very annoying character.

The real pleasure of the game is exploring, hunting and experiencing such a well-realised world.

Soldato
I feel stuck with the hunting. I want to get all the upgrades, when I do kill something it says I don't have enough room for something.

Soldato
I feel stuck with the hunting. I want to get all the upgrades, when I do kill something it says I don't have enough room for something.

You have to free up some space in your satchel and you should be able to stow the pelt and carcass on your horse no problem. You can have one smaller animal on either side and a bigger one on the back, pelts can be stacked.

Associate
You have to free up some space in your satchel and you should be able to stow the pelt and carcass on your horse no problem. You can have one smaller animal on either side and a bigger one on the back, pelts can be stacked.

Take multiple horses when hunting and use them for storing kills.

You'll be able to buy upgraded satchels from the Fence (got mine from Saint Denis) although this was at a later part of the game.

RDR2 is a masterpiece, the attention to details is incredible and game still looks amazing after weeks of playing.

I've been purposely avoiding the main story for weeks so I don't finish it, even had someone from the camp come find me and gave me the option to fast-track back at one point! lol

Doing every side quest, hunting, treasure hunts (got 12k from this lol) solving murder mysteries and collecting Dinosaur bone locations (got a cool hunting dagger for completing this) I can find.

I'm 87% overall game complete, currently on epilogue part 2.

Found the later Chapters 4-6 a lot quicker to complete then previous one.

Any cash Arthur had, you will lose when he dies (I had 13k!!..) and John starts with nothing... Once you get over this, later on playing with John you'll inherit 20k which is enough to buy anything.

Soldato
Sorry I dont want to go through all 176 pages to find if this has been asked already.

I'm about 10 hours in to the game on a borrowed copy on my PS4. I'm playing on a 58" 4K TV and the game does look pretty good and the story has really grabbed me.

I'm going to have to buy my own copy but I'm finding myself drawn to buying an XBOX ONE X to play it on as its pretty hyped on there. Has anyone got an any personal experience of playing it on the 2 consoles who can tell me if its a gigantic waste of money or not?

Another selling point is XBOX 360 backwards compatibility for a lot of games and the original Red dead looks pretty good on XBOX One.

If i could say for definite that it would come out on PC I would probably hold off but there's it good chance it might not happen as the first one never made it to PC.

Soldato
I prefer it on PS4 purely for the controller. I usually favour my XB1 with Elite controller for more intense driving/shooting games but find the PS4 controller better for adventure/exploring type games when you can have a more relaxed grip.

That may be purely down to preference/hand size etc tho but I always notice the difference with these type of games

Soldato
Found the later Chapters 4-6 a lot quicker to complete then previous one.

Any cash Arthur had, you will lose when he dies (I had 13k!!..) and John starts with nothing... Once you get over this, later on playing with John you'll inherit 20k which is enough to buy anything.
Since you've finished the game (I am on Chapter 3), can I ask some spoilerish questions?
I sadly found out a good while ago about Arthur's future but know little of how it all happens. I have heard that money doesn't transfer over - I've got about 7k on me at present, which I worked hard for and I know I am a long way away from endgame but does his possessions (guns/outfits/horses) transfer over to John? I truly hope so otherwise I am wasting my time playing with outfits so early on in...especially all the trapper outfits I've been trying to get!

Soldato
Sorry I dont want to go through all 176 pages to find if this has been asked already.

I'm about 10 hours in to the game on a borrowed copy on my PS4. I'm playing on a 58" 4K TV and the game does look pretty good and the story has really grabbed me.

I'm going to have to buy my own copy but I'm finding myself drawn to buying an XBOX ONE X to play it on as its pretty hyped on there. Has anyone got an any personal experience of playing it on the 2 consoles who can tell me if its a gigantic waste of money or not?

Another selling point is XBOX 360 backwards compatibility for a lot of games and the original Red dead looks pretty good on XBOX One.

If i could say for definite that it would come out on PC I would probably hold off but there's it good chance it might not happen as the first one never made it to PC.
It doesn't look bad on either the Pro or OneX, but it is noticeably better on xbox.

Im not sure its worth buying a new console if you already have a PS4 pro, but then again, i thought the game was trash.

Personally I thing the best feature of Xbox one X is BC, they've done a lot of work X enhancing older 360 titles, Red dead 1 looks particularly good considering its age.

Back
Top Bottom