1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Dougsnake

Mobster

Fair play Kainz that's some dedicated hunting :eek::p

2. aoaaron

Wise Guy

Does knowing the main character dies ruin the game? [mid game] Some ******* in the youtube comments section posted a spoiler in caps in an unrelated post... I have already played RDR1.

3. ricky1981

Mobster

Not too much, there's a pretty obvious point really quite early where I suspected Arthur was not going to make it out alive. It's also logical since he isn't in RDR1 and by the time he dies it isn't a surprise at all, I won't say more than than that as it's further spoilers.

To be honest the main story isn't the best part of the game anyway, I found some of the side missions/strangers more enjoyable and they don't have Dutch which is good since he is (intentionally I know) a very annoying character.

The real pleasure of the game is exploring, hunting and experiencing such a well-realised world.

4. robj20

Soldato

I feel stuck with the hunting. I want to get all the upgrades, when I do kill something it says I don't have enough room for something.

5. Amatsubu

Wise Guy

You have to free up some space in your satchel and you should be able to stow the pelt and carcass on your horse no problem. You can have one smaller animal on either side and a bigger one on the back, pelts can be stacked.

6. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Take multiple horses when hunting and use them for storing kills.

You'll be able to buy upgraded satchels from the Fence (got mine from Saint Denis) although this was at a later part of the game.

RDR2 is a masterpiece, the attention to details is incredible and game still looks amazing after weeks of playing.

I've been purposely avoiding the main story for weeks so I don't finish it, even had someone from the camp come find me and gave me the option to fast-track back at one point! lol

Doing every side quest, hunting, treasure hunts (got 12k from this lol) solving murder mysteries and collecting Dinosaur bone locations (got a cool hunting dagger for completing this) I can find.

I'm 87% overall game complete, currently on epilogue part 2.

Found the later Chapters 4-6 a lot quicker to complete then previous one.

Any cash Arthur had, you will lose when he dies (I had 13k!!..) and John starts with nothing... Once you get over this, later on playing with John you'll inherit 20k which is enough to buy anything.

7. sgoaty

Wise Guy

Sorry I dont want to go through all 176 pages to find if this has been asked already.

I'm about 10 hours in to the game on a borrowed copy on my PS4. I'm playing on a 58" 4K TV and the game does look pretty good and the story has really grabbed me.

I'm going to have to buy my own copy but I'm finding myself drawn to buying an XBOX ONE X to play it on as its pretty hyped on there. Has anyone got an any personal experience of playing it on the 2 consoles who can tell me if its a gigantic waste of money or not?

Another selling point is XBOX 360 backwards compatibility for a lot of games and the original Red dead looks pretty good on XBOX One.

If i could say for definite that it would come out on PC I would probably hold off but there's it good chance it might not happen as the first one never made it to PC.

8. builder22

Wise Guy

I prefer it on PS4 purely for the controller. I usually favour my XB1 with Elite controller for more intense driving/shooting games but find the PS4 controller better for adventure/exploring type games when you can have a more relaxed grip.

That may be purely down to preference/hand size etc tho but I always notice the difference with these type of games

9. Kainz

Capodecina

Since you've finished the game (I am on Chapter 3), can I ask some spoilerish questions?
    I sadly found out a good while ago about Arthur's future but know little of how it all happens. I have heard that money doesn't transfer over - I've got about 7k on me at present, which I worked hard for and I know I am a long way away from endgame but does his possessions (guns/outfits/horses) transfer over to John? I truly hope so otherwise I am wasting my time playing with outfits so early on in...especially all the trapper outfits I've been trying to get!

10. r3d zombie

Mobster

It doesn't look bad on either the Pro or OneX, but it is noticeably better on xbox.

Im not sure its worth buying a new console if you already have a PS4 pro, but then again, i thought the game was trash.

Personally I thing the best feature of Xbox one X is BC, they've done a lot of work X enhancing older 360 titles, Red dead 1 looks particularly good considering its age.

11. sgoaty

Wise Guy

Is it the X you have? I think I could get used to either controller TBH I just wondered if its really worth the upgrade graphically.
    Thanks

12. builder22

Wise Guy

just standard ps4 and xb1 - it's the other way round for the standard consoles...better res on the PS4 than the xb1 but it's the controller that makes the difference for me.

Usually I'd say that once you're immersed in the game the graphics are less important, that's still true with RDR2 but there's so much riding/exploring/generally just looking at how cool everything is....thast the better graphics prob matters more than usual.

However buying a new console is maybe a bit much!

13. sgoaty

Wise Guy

It's the original fat PS4 I have not the pro version.

14. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Hey Kainz
    Cash will be lost, I was gutted had over 13k with Arthur. Arthur's horse get killed, emotional cinematic! :-(

ALL stabled horses are gone also.

Luckily ALL weapons/outfits will transfer over to John. My advice will be to keep a lot of items(valuables) in Arthurs satchel and don't sell them before the end of Chapter 6, they will transfer across and can be sold/crafted with John.

15. Kainz

Capodecina

Thanks a lot mate.
    So it looks like you do need to spend your cash on anything and everything...what a mess it sounds :(

Not at all pleased with the losing of the horse. I've had the pre-order Ardennes warhorse since the start of the game and I'd hate to lose it. Got an odd feeling it'll appear for John in the stables but we'll see in future I guess.

I've been avoiding gold bars and treasure hunts as I wanted to save those for John once the game ends.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. You've helped resolve my future concerns.

16. ricky1981

Mobster

You can still collect the gold bars, just don't sell them. Valuables aren't lost only money. You also get a LOT of money during the epilogue so it's really not an issue. Losing my horse on the other hand, that stung :(

17. Kainz

Capodecina

Thanks a lot mate, that info is most appreciated

18. TheVoice

Capodecina

Nobody can say for definite until Rockstar themselves do, but I'd say it's extremely like to get a PC release. There's no reason for it not to really.

19. robj20

Soldato

I just dont know how to find these extra missions, i have only just stumbled on the bounties from the local sherrif, hunting seems impossible always end up with a poor skin, and then how do you find specific animals.

I want to do all the satchel upgrades where do you go, the guy in camp has padlocks next to everything.

20. ricky1981

Mobster

Finding the animals is just a case of exploring the map (you will see the animal outlines on the map as you explore). Getting perfect skins is a case of using the right weapon (arrows are always good, varmint rifle for small animals, a powerful rifle for larger ones) and killing them with a single headshot. There is also a trinket you can make that helps get better quality skins but you need to kill the legendary buck to make it.

Exploration is the best part of the game in my view, the world R* created is incredible, the missions are more of a mixed bag.