1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. lee32uk

Underboss

Hardly played this since I bought it last Wed. Finding it pretty dull early on. Also the micro management is a bit annoying i.e Clean the mud off your Horse or it will lose stamina. That is just a stupid game mechanic.

2. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Hi all... Am I missing something? I have been playing this game for hours and hours now. I have completed the main campaign, I have been going through the challenges for something to do as I love being out in the world. I have been trying to get 100% on the gangs but I cannot for the life of me find some of the gang camps, well no that's not entirely true, for instance I have 100% on a couple of the gangs but the Lemoyne Raider and Driscoll camps do not seem to register. When I find and clear them out, I must have easily done 10 camps in different locations, it still shows I only have 3 out of 4 camps. I am certain they are the ones where there are about 5 enemies, a few wagons and often a captive. I have spent hours roaming and going to every single smoke plume but still not working. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

3. MissChief

Capodecina

Just bought this online for my Son for his Christmas and only got the standard version. is there any benefit in other versions and can any extras be bought or earned in game?

4. ricky1981

Mobster

The main camps are much larger (~20 enemies) and are in fixed points, if you get really stuck then there are plenty of maps about :)

5. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

I thought they were the the gang hideouts not the gang camps?

6. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Still not working for me, looks like it could be a bug. Quite a few people are having the same issue. I found a map of the potential camps, put a marker on each point then traveled to every single point and... Nothing. :(

7. willhub

Capodecina

Trying to persevere, very dull so far I must admit!

8. Amatsubu

Mobster

So far, the game is exactly like I imagined. Slow, deliberate and atmospheric with great music, those meticulous animations and incredible details.
    I can see it might be dull for people expecting something like a Western GTA but I dig it, just like the first one. It's not perfect and maybe a tad too slow but well.

9. lee32uk

Underboss

Without going into spoilers are there any consequences if you ignore the camp ? i.e Don't bother hunting for food or giving money etc or is it mandatory ? I don't want folks to die off but it seems a bit tedious having to keep one eye on the camp management.

10. ricky1981

Mobster

As far as I can tell it would only affect people's conversations. I can't see it affecting any character deaths/major choices as they seem hard baked into the story (basing this on having finished the entire game).

11. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

All i did with the camp really was donate all the stuff rather than selling to the fence. It saves you traveling quite far and out of your way and you can then just buy the camp requirements and upgrades from there. Once you fully upgrade it you can then fast travel using the map.

12. Dougsnake

Mobster

The fast travel was my main incentive to upgrade the camp to be honest ,pretty much after that you get more money then you know what to do with :p

13. Kainz

Capodecina

After purchasing the game almost 2 weeks ago, I am still on Chapter 2 and absolutely loving the game much to my surprise. I've been on Chapter 2 for ages because hunting and exploring is so much fun. The world Rockstar have made has way exceeeded my expectations completely.

I've been focusing on hunting in order to upgrade the camp visuals via Pearson as well as Arthur's gear loadout obviously. Tamed the white Arabian horse the other day and whilst it is fast, it is useless in battle vs the Ardennes warhorse that is my main ride since starting the game. Might make an attempt to push to Chapter 3 soon :o Got about 3k in cash saved up and besides weapons I am not sure what else to do with it right now.

In terms of world detail the game absolutely blows AC: Odyssey out of the water, the latter of which is hugely cut & paste once you see it all. The controls I found very slow and cumbersome at first, have since become second nature and I've yet to punch my horse :D

14. Amatsubu

Mobster

Yeah, this looks and feels almost like a next-gen title in many respects. It's only let down by the controls a bit. I love the atmosphere and scale of Odyssey but I totally agree.

15. lee32uk

Underboss

Good to know thanks :)

16. TheVoice

Capodecina

There's a fair bit of character development done at the camp, be it via conversations or activities like hunting and fishing. It doesn't amount to a lot of gameplay but it is a lot of content to bypass in terms of the story of each of the characters.

17. thezappa

Hitman

For those who have done the story missions; I read a comment from a YouTuber that it is best to keep 6 gold bars back when approaching either the beginning or the end of chapter 6 (can't recall which), is this true?
    I'm on chapter 3 so don't want spoiler just need to know if I need to try and find more gold bars, although I've got all the bars from 3 treasure maps I'm not sure how many more there are.

Also want to say I love the game, love the detail but the some aspects are a tad laborious.

18. ricky1981

Mobster

There's no harm grabbing gold bars at any point but by Ch3/4 you will have plenty of money and you're better off keeping gold/valuables rather than selling them because you won't lose items but can lose money later. Won't say anymore as there are massive spoilers involved.

19. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Going to try and crack on with this over the weekend, I have been playing BFV a lot since its release and I left this at about chapter 3, not sure how long it will take me if I just aim for the main missions now to complete the story, want to move on really, for me the game is great but can be a bit of a grind and I dislike the controls.
    Plan to get AC odyssey next which is in the sale.

20. Kainz

Capodecina

Maybe it's time to move off Chapter 2...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]