1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. byeo

Wise Guy

How does dead eye work? I know I aim with L2 then press R3 but how do I paint the x's over one or multiple targets? I tried to do it on a random side quest/game shooting bottles but couldn't seem to do it. Also, any tips for hunting early on? Just got into Chapter 2 so I've not got very far and I'm having to provide for the camp so I'd like to get a hang of what's best to hunt and what are the best tools to hunt with.

Thanks.

2. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Low level Dead Eye will paint the target(s) for you when you target them, but as you upgrade you'll need to mark them using R1

Look for the red 'hotspots' on targets whilst in Dead Eye for better kills.

3. byeo

Wise Guy

Thanks, I assume Dead Eye upgrades itself through use..?

4. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Dead Eye upgrades as you progress through the main story line, so it doesn’t require much extra effort, but look out for Valerian Root on your travels, its an XP boost for Dead Eye which helps it to the next level.

5. byeo

Wise Guy

Thanks.

6. Russinating

Capodecina

I'm a bit confused with what I've read online, but should I be able to play RDR2 in 4K? I've got a PS4 Pro and 4K TV, but when I launch the game the TV changes to 1080.

7. Witcher1980

Gangster

Very strange, but on the ps4 pro 1080 with no hdr is the best way to play the game so you are not missing anything.

8. byeo

Wise Guy

I'm enjoying hunting animals but feel that supporting the camp is a real pain in the arse. Plus the fact the butcher is an ungrateful sod doesn't help and to add insult to injury, the camp funds has more money than I do. What happens if I choose to neglect the camp and just look after myself?

9. SC0TTRS

Wise Guy

Used to add a few quid to the ledger and Pearson the Butcher had a few scraps which I didn't need, but I never really put the camp before myself. Once you unlock Fast Travel and leather working everything else was just a slight bonus on my eyes. Suppose you loose out on a few extra ammo rounds and Tonics when available at the camp, but my satchel was always full of them anyway.

Pearson always provided a meal/coffee at noon regards of how much I neglected them. lol

10. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

The camp is the worse part of the game for me, I wish I was just a lone ranger, don't get me wrong you can neglect the camp and do that, but I just wish this wasn't in the game at all.

11. byeo

Wise Guy

Yeah, I find that I'm not really enjoying the camp, plus the fact you can't seem to run or ride your horse in the camp really makes it a grind.

12. Kainz

Capodecina

'Rushing' through the game now since I've already done a ton of exploring through chapters 2-3. I've gone from Chapter 4-6 in a few days and from what I've seen, the game is massive still in terms of quests. I've been focusing on most of the yellow and white ones and there are just loads. I'm doing this because I really want to restart and re-experience the beginning portion of the game where things are enjoyable. In addition I want to get the ending over and done with before some numpty youtube clown spoils it any further. I should finish Chapter 6 today I reckon.

Once I've finished the main campaign I'll save it for future use and then restart the game and create a save point towards the end of Chapter 2 where you unlock manual aiming eagle eye (some train mission) and then spend an eternity on that chapter hunting/exploring further. Hell I may just take advantage of that gold bar exploit to get me some cash real quick even though it doesn't matter much. Chapter 2 is the best place to make a hard save imo if you want to return to the game in future and bypass the lengthy beginning bits.

The camp is a nice place to wind down after a long day of hunting out in the wilds. I didn't mind it really but I hated the fact that you're forced to walk really slow within the camp...

You can neglect the camp for a long time - At one point I didn't return for many days because I was exploring/hunting up North/NW and when I returned to the camp at Horse Shoe Overlook the food icon was on red (no reserves left) so I went nearby and hunted a few deer and brought those to camp. As far as I recall no one said anything. I see where you're coming from regarding a lone ranger - sometimes I felt the same way.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. Noxia

Soldato

:confused:

14. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Do you have a HDMI2.0 cable connected? I had problems with mine (Not sure what the included HDMI Cable is) But once I fitted one I bought from Amazon (After trying all the settings etc) It worked perfectly. 4K With HDR look, runs and plays fantastic(And even better when you optimise your game mode on your TV)

Here is a good guide. https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-screen/ps4-pro--how-to-enable-4k-resolution/

15. Shawreyboy

Hitman

He's basically on about role playing for immersion. You can play poker, dominoes, 5FF, eat, drink and party at camp.

Pretty much as anyone would have done in the era (or still do when they camp out oooooh the little rascals!)

Shawrey

16. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Battle Royale mode added to Red Dead Redemption 2 Online.

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE: PLAY NEW GUN RUSH MODE NOW, PLUS MORE TO COME

Looks good, though is it really BR if it's only 32 people IDK

17. Gee

Mobster

The frame drops at 4K on a PS4 Pro feel bad tbh. I'd stick to playing it at 1080p as you get a pin-sharp image.

18. Kainz

Capodecina

Nothing to be puzzled about really. The game's slow paced nature means that hunting in itself can consume a good amount of hours as does gathering herbs if you're into that thing. After hunting I could switch off the PS4 Pro or I could just visit a bar or the camp and get to know the people/gang more. If you don't do this you will miss out on a good chunk of quests and random encounters.

19. Noxia

Soldato

Thanks, Shawreyboy cleared it up for me.

Oh I see. Sorry, that's the autism kicking in.

20. willhub

Capodecina

I'm struggling with the super slow pace, it's like real life in terms of tasks, not interesting me at the moment which is a shame.