1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. rhysduck

Soldato

How is the BR mode on this online?

2. BGGLP

Gangster

The hdr is never getting patched is it...

3. peahead

Mobster

Its fake HDR anyway there is no real HDR for this game and i don't think that is going to change.

4. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I’m very late to the party on this but.... wear your bandana pretty much all the time. If you commit a crime with your bandana on you don’t get a bounty on your head.

5. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Guys, how much longer roughly for the main story line, trying to get this finished and move on, but at the same time don't want to rush it if I'm nearing the end, as I will do some side missions if I am.

I'm on Chapter 4 I believe
    and done about 4 main quests in and around St Denis

6. ricky1981

Mobster

Without rushing and including the epilogue (which you will want to do), 15-20 hours unless you're rushing, a lot more if you are doing sidequests/collectibles.

7. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Thank's, I'm on Chapter 5 now, I'm not trying to rush it, but do want to try and stick with the main missions, I might even replay it in the future and spend more time on the side activities.

8. Marvt74

Capodecina

You're doing well then. I started getting around that point and was willing the game to be over!

Just hit the end of it now with the epilogue left to play.

9. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

I'm not to keen on Chapter 5 myself so far either, Im guessing I'm nearing end game, so will try to finish this in the next few days.

10. MissJen

Associate

After about 2 months of leaving myself somewhere in Chapter 3, I jumped back in this weekend. Spent ages remembering what the controls are especially how to put my gun away, then accidentally ran over and killed a dog with my horse. Immediately felt sad and felt I had to reload my game.. At that point my daughter awoke from her nap, I am making very slow progress :D

11. chrcoluk

Mobster

Well the rainforest caught reselling returns as new?

Dont know.

Basically my ps4 pro controller was registering upward movement simply by resting my thumb on the analogue stick so I sent the controller to sony.

They told me the controller is 2 years old, I told them it came with my ps4 pro I got from amazon late 2018, they said it may have been in stock in warehouse for 2 years? I said unlikely given it was the rdr2 ps4 pro and the game was only released last year, so the question of how there is a 2 year old controller, I said isnt my problem I just want it fixed or replaced. The argument is because they want to send me a refurb.

However they have backed down when I pointed out I could just send back the entire console for a refund instead and get a new replacement that way as is within my uk consumer sales rights.

12. BGGLP

Gangster

Traded this; will play it if it ever gets a proper hdr patch. Just couldn’t get fully into it knowing that it may one day look loads better.

13. TheVoice

Capodecina

Crazy, but each to their own. If you weren't getting into it before, no amount of HDR is going to help.

14. pcfarrar

Hitman

It doesn't look bad at all on high end TV's. But on low end models that aren't capable of the brightness needed for HDR it looks terrible.

15. BGGLP

Gangster

HDR just doesn’t work period as it’s fake. Doesn’t have the dynamic range. It looks ok until it gets dark then it’s just washed out.

16. Talasour

Gangster

Played Red Dead 2 recently while house sitting for the partners dad on his PS4 and it was pretty good, but would love to see it released on PC just like GTA 5 just for the story and not the multiplayer.

17. wwwebber

Hitman

Wow, now that's being picky :rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

just completed it. great game but i never completed the first one and got to blackwater in that one.

Forgot how red dead 1 started

19. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

It's like crickets here? No one playing online?

20. terley

Wise Guy

Sold my xbox recently, waiting for it to come out on PC before i start playing again :)

Will also find it hilarious if it launches on Epic.