1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. willhub

Capodecina

Bet it won't launch on PC, ever

2. djshauny1

Mobster

Probably not lol.

3. terley

Wise Guy

Probably not, but if its an epic exlusive ill die laughing.

4. Kainz

Capodecina

Still playing this daily since December! Finished it in January and am flitting between my post game completion saves and my 2nd run through the game, which is in Chapter 5. I just enjoy the game too much and find it relaxing. It's a shame Rockstar decided to nerf the visuals on single player though so I'm tempted to reinstall the game and just play without my PS4 Pro hooked upto the net - not like I even use online for the console anyway.

Looking forwards to the PC Epic game launcher exclusive!

5. terley

Wise Guy

They nerfed the visuals? :|

6. Amatsubu

Mobster

Still playing it since December and still amazed by it. Haven't even finished it yet as I took a little break from it close to the end of Chapter 3 but will surely go back to do absolutely everything I can:D

I'm not sure what they did to the visuals and the whole lack of AO as my game surely doesn't look like some of the comparison screenshots. Or I haven't checked properly.

7. Kainz

Capodecina

Ambient Occlusion has been removed for some reason to both SP and MP without any explanation afaik. I immediately noticed a difference whilst I was in the latter part of the map.

I was one of the naysayers as I believed Rockstar couldn’t pull off a great game a second time round as I never thought much of RDR1 post game completion, whereas RDR2 has bags of stuff to do in comparison.

Don’t think I’ve ever played any console game as much as this, not even HZD.

8. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

pc epic game? whats that?

9. Kainz

Capodecina

I refer to the april fools tease that the PC version is coming on the Epic launcher in late April :)

On a unrelated note, last night I uninstalled RDR2 and reinstalled it so I was on the stock v1.00 version and yes the graphics indeed look way nicer. The shop interiors in Valentines for example, which is where I noticed the downgrade firstly have more defined modelling on the shelf products. Game saves load MUCH faster, and obviously the gold bar exploit is there to play with. The downsides are that upon loading my current saves - the Ardennes DLC Warhorse doesn't exist so you end up with a thoroughbred horsie, which is has poor stats. In addition the map screen is very laggy.

I am contemplating starting a separate save, getting to Chapter 2 and working my way towards the Legendary satchel before utilising the gold exploit and making a hard save there and then. Just incase I want to restart the game.

So just like GTAV on the consoles, the game has steadily had its visuals degrading over updates as I have noticed increased pop-in (animals mostly) with the latest patches alongside the lack of AO that other folks caught on. Maybe they want the future PC version to have a clear visual advantage over the consoles? I don't know to be honest.

10. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Maybe it run's slightly smoother with the graphic downgrade , I haven't played it for months since completing the story but it always felt a little clunky maybe they are trying to sacrifice the graphics for smoother gameplay?

11. Kainz

Capodecina

No idea really. I've got the ps4 pro @1080p so I've never really had frame rate issues to begin with. Just found info below on the 'downgrade' so I'm giving it a read now.
    at https://www.dualshockers.com/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-graphics-downgrade/

12. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

so no one plays this game online?

13. Andygully

Hitman

I completed it a few months back and havent tried the online but from what i read its not very good.

14. Amatsubu

Mobster

I also play it on the Pro at 1080p and it runs great, shame about the downgrade. AO is subtle but makes a noticeable difference. They should have really made those comparison shots in the same conditions, though.

I never played the vanilla game as I got it around the time 1.3 rolled out. Still the best looking game ever, IMO, but the downgrade was unecessary as I've heard it doesn't improve performance at all.

15. Scort

Mobster

If/when I replay this game, I'll be certain to uninstall it and run the original version - it looked stunning, and the screenshots I have seen, make it look less so - and I cannot fathom why; on PS4 Pro it ran perfectly.

16. TheVoice

Capodecina

I doubt you'd even notice.

17. Kainz

Capodecina

Dutch: "Orthur! We need MORE money"
    Arthur: "..."

[​IMG]

18. Amatsubu

Mobster

The game still looks excellent in terms of environment, weather and lighting. The best I've seen, actually.

19. rickjames

Mobster

Spent about 40 minutes trying to figure out how to steal an oil wagon without confrontation. Fitst tried scaring the horses with throwing knives which alerted the guards when the horses went through the gate and then I died in a shootout. Second time another wagon shows up around the other side, guard walks off from the entrance and I run off with it. Ah.

20. Ske

Gangster

Started playing this again over the weekend. Hadn't played it since middle'ish of December? Just started Chapter 4.. enjoying it again!