Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I found both GTA IV and V a bit of a slog and didn't complete either despite multiple attempts. I managed RDR to the end on my second attempt and it was worth it. I tend to struggle when there seems like there's too much to do but with RDR second attempt I just went for the story and ignored everything else. Loved it and I'm really looking forward to this.

Caporegime
Same with me, first time I played RDR I got to Mexico and got bored. Second time I pushed through and was glad I did because the third area was a lot more fun. And I'm so glad I'd avoided all the ending spoilers!

Soldato
I found both GTA IV and V a bit of a slog and didn't complete either despite multiple attempts. I managed RDR to the end on my second attempt and it was worth it. I tend to struggle when there seems like there's too much to do but with RDR second attempt I just went for the story and ignored everything else. Loved it and I'm really looking forward to this.
I got bored for GTAIV pretty quickly but loved GTAV and i even 100% completed it. Still the only GTA game I've ever done that on! I think as long as there is plenty of variety and a large world I can keep interested long enough to do that.

Soldato
I know its a way off yet, but with the pre orders up and details of what's included in the different editions, what edition you guys thinking about getting?

I have decided on the standard digital, as much as I would like the bonus side missions Im not prepared to pay another £20 for them and I don't want all the extra bonus crap, would like to play it without any early advantage in the story.

Also I hate how Rockstar have made this into a greedy money making exercise with all the different editions, the side missions in the special edition is pretty rubbish but from what I gather you don't even get a physical map in the standard hard copy, you need to buy the special edition for that!
Not that I was getting a hard copy anyway, but that's some greedy rubbish from Rockstar, they have always included a physical map in the standard editions of games such as GTA and the last RDR.

Associate
I know its a way off yet, but with the pre orders up and details of what's included in the different editions, what edition you guys thinking about getting?

I have decided on the standard digital, as much as I would like the bonus side missions Im not prepared to pay another £20 for them and I don't want all the extra bonus crap, would like to play it without any early advantage in the story.

Also I hate how Rockstar have made this into a greedy money making exercise with all the different editions, the side missions in the special edition is pretty rubbish but from what I gather you don't even get a physical map in the standard hard copy, you need to buy the special edition for that!
Not that I was getting a hard copy anyway, but that's some greedy rubbish from Rockstar, they have always included a physical map in the standard editions of games such as GTA and the last RDR.

I will just buy the standard one I think :)

Soldato
Steering away from this. Business practices regarding all the editions leaves a lot to be desired. How consumer unfriendly do you want to be!.

Extra missions, gameplay changing items, consumeables and in game cash all locked behind $$$

Soldato
Steering away from this. Business practices regarding all the editions leaves a lot to be desired. How consumer unfriendly do you want to be!.

Extra missions, gameplay changing items, consumeables and in game cash all locked behind $$$

The only thing is them extra side missions, all the other bonus rubbish, I could not care less about, why would anyone want a faster horse so its to easy to flee or win races or bonus cash to get items faster. I want a game to be free as much as possible from any stat/cash boosts and play it how it was intended.
Rockstar said them side missions were intended for the special editions, hard to believe that.

Hopefully we will see some gameplay soon as well.

Soldato
REALLY looking forward to it although im really not sure what edition or even what console i will be pre-ordering it on yet. Looking likely I'll get it for ps4 pro as most of Xbox games i can play on PC as i don't fancy forking £420 on an XBX for one game. Unless it runs significantly better which i doubt. Do wish it was on PC though :(.

As above really, not interested in any bonus items, just season pass really if they do one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Despite how much I was looking forward to this game, I'm not going to be pre-ordering. Their pre-order scheme is a load of rubbish. I can't believe how much pay to win is going on in this. I don't think that people should be supporting this. Do we really want our games to be headed in this direction? I saw the comment from someone here that wants the online stuff because they're playing online with friends. Seriously? You're happy to pay £90 for a few extra items just so that you can use them online? Nope, sorry, but that's just silly. I suppose each to their own though.

Then there's the the Collector's Box, which is a load of rubbish! You don't even get the game! What a load of rubbish! £90 and you can't even play the game. Utterly shocking. I'm with Mack on this one. He put a video up on Youtube going off about it and I fully agree. I cannot believe that this is what we're getting now.

If I hadn't been looking forward to a new Red Dead Redemption so much, I'd be giving the whole game a miss.

Soldato
Despite how much I was looking forward to this game, I'm not going to be pre-ordering. Their pre-order scheme is a load of rubbish. I can't believe how much pay to win is going on in this. I don't think that people should be supporting this. Do we really want our games to be headed in this direction? I saw the comment from someone here that wants the online stuff because they're playing online with friends. Seriously? You're happy to pay £90 for a few extra items just so that you can use them online? Nope, sorry, but that's just silly. I suppose each to their own though.

Then there's the the Collector's Box, which is a load of rubbish! You don't even get the game! What a load of rubbish! £90 and you can't even play the game. Utterly shocking. I'm with Mack on this one. He put a video up on Youtube going off about it and I fully agree. I cannot believe that this is what we're getting now.

If I hadn't been looking forward to a new Red Dead Redemption so much, I'd be giving the whole game a miss.

I agree with this, I was initially going to pre order the special edition for the extra side missions, but had second thoughts. Also that pre-ordering before July 31st just so you get a treasure map to give you a slight advantage hunting for treasure, what a load of rubbish!
I will still buy the standard edition and likely preorder nearer to release but I agree that gamers should really stick together and not buy all these stupid special editions of games for silly stat boosts and them side missions that should be in the standard edition, if we all did that game developers would not put stuff like the side missions in different editions of a game, sadly there will always be those that have money to burn and don't care.

Soldato
As I've said, "Wait Till Release" edition is always the best option. I don't get why people are willing to preorder for rather pointless bonuses. It only fuels devs' further milking schemes. Some of these practices border on insulting and I won't support them in any way, no matter how good the game turns out to be. Standard edition for me, probably not even at release price. They can shove their bonus missions and all the other divisive content up their *****.

EDIT: And no, I'm not rebuying on PC a year later, Rock$tar. You can forget it.

Caporegime
I'm always about 2-3 years behind everyone else as I'll be waiting for the Game of the Year edition. :p I've only just started playing Batman: Arkham Knight from 2015.

Back
Top Bottom