Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Associate
Can’t wait for this game! Just hope it’s got hdr on the ps4pro. Sure it will have and they probably don’t bother releasing trailers in hdr as only a tiny fraction of people will actually be able to view it properly.

Soldato
Where have people pre-ordered this from? Any good deals out at the moment ?

Haven't yet, for some reason pre-order prices on all the big games coming in the next 6+ months are unusually high, seems like Amazon isn't interested in competing any more especially now they've removed the £2 pre-order discount for Prime members.

Soldato
Haven't yet, for some reason pre-order prices on all the big games coming in the next 6+ months are unusually high, seems like Amazon isn't interested in competing any more especially now they've removed the £2 pre-order discount for Prime members.

Sadly there isn't a great deal of difference between any of the major games retailers. Simply Games are decent for pre-orders, I've used them plenty of times, but even they are only about £1 cheaper than Amazon for RDR2.

Caporegime

Yep, prices are pretty crap at the moment

Associate
OP
No doubt with the Brexit shenanigans going on and the fact the price of the £ is awful at the moment is a considerable factor in prices.

Best to VPN to Turkey and pay in Lira - prices working out some £20 cheaper in some instances.

Shawrey

Soldato
Still undecided on the special edition or just standard edition, I'm not really bothered about the bonuses and boosts you get in the SE as I want to play it without any advantage but the bank robbery and hideout missions in the SE have me undecided.

Have you lot decided on what you are going for?

Soldato
Still undecided on the special edition or just standard edition, I'm not really bothered about the bonuses and boosts you get in the SE as I want to play it without any advantage but the bank robbery and hideout missions in the SE have me undecided.

Have you lot decided on what you are going for?

Almost certainly the basic one, there's no way an extra mission, hideout and your usual spattering of "exclusive" weapons and outfits are worth a whopping £25 on top of the standard edition. Usually you'd at least get a steelbook or DLC season pass for your £75.

Soldato
Almost certainly the basic one, there's no way an extra mission, hideout and your usual spattering of "exclusive" weapons and outfits are worth a whopping £25 on top of the standard edition. Usually you'd at least get a steelbook or DLC season pass for your £75.

I'm going digital and after looking at the prices I will do the same, I think you get access to 3 weapons in the SE, volcanic pistol and a shotgun and rifle I believe, I gather these will still be available in the standard edition but will not be free.

Soldato
What a laugh, the download version on Amazon is £59.99! That's £10 more than a standard edition in a box! This pre-order pricing is becoming rubbish. I still don't know how a digital copy of a game can be more expensive than a physical disc and box.

And as I've already said, Rockstar's pre-order bonus scheme is a load of bull too. Hiding content behind a paywall and expecting people to pay up to £90 for game content at launch is a load of rubbish. Expansions (or whatever you want to call season passes now, which again is crap) come later and can be £15 - £20, but at launch people are paying that already for two extra missions and some items of clothing and a horse? Come on! Anybody not ordering the standard edition is being mugged off massively!

Last edited:
Soldato
This has to be a day 1 purchase, but while the game will be incredible, it'll still pain me paying the price they're asking :( Especially sucks if we have to pay an extra premium for the digital version, which makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever :(

Under 2 months now gentlemen!

Back
Top Bottom