Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
Well grin and bear it, the PS3 version is a bit dire compared to the Xbox version (especially now you can play it in 4K on X1X). It's a lower resolution and the jaggies are mad, bad and dangerous to know.

Caporegime
Mentioned it in hope! :p:p

GTA 5 obviously had a massively successful PC version so it would make logical sense to have RDR2 on PC as well, but taking GTA 5's deployment into consideration it maybe an even later release date for RDR2 on PC.

Shawrey

I wouldn't get too hopeful iirc GTA V runs like turd on a PC. You are better off playing on a PS4 pro unless you have a beast of a PC

Caporegime
What? GTA 5 runs fine on PC lmao.

i heard a lot of people having issues on older spec GPU's.

even my mate who has a 1080ti has issues playing at 4k

Runs pretty well on my PC at 1440p, Ryzen 1600 and 1070, looks glorious too.

well you have a modern pc there. 1070 is latest gen gpu and mid to high end for your res. you also have a lot of cores which helps.

i'm talking about people running a cpu and gpu from say 6 years ago have struggled to play it with decent settings

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
i heard a lot of people having issues on older spec GPU's.

even my mate who has a 1080ti has issues playing at 4k

A 1080Ti will not push 4K on GTA5, no card will, unless you put it on ultra low, but then you may as well play the PS3 version...

i'm talking about people running a cpu and gpu from say 6 years ago have struggled to play it with decent settings

Then they need to upgrade? Yeah, lets say a game runs like trash because I'm running a 5 year old quad core and a 4870! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
A 1080Ti will not push 4K on GTA5, no card will, unless you put it on ultra low, but then you may as well play the PS3 version...

Then they need to upgrade? Yeah, lets say a game runs like trash because I'm running a 5 year old quad core and a 4870! :rolleyes:

how old is the ps4? i'm just saying people with old spec pc's shouldn't be too hopeful of it running well. they aren't that good at porting games to pc. it runs nowhere near as efficient as ps4 version

Caporegime
November 2013, so nearly 5 years old. What's your point?

What I'm trying to explain is that you don't say a game runs like a 'turd' just because your clapped out PC doesn't support the minimum settings.

It will run fine on my system. I have a 1080 on my main rig and dual 1070's on my other rig.

I also have latest ryzen and intel cpu's, etc. 3000mhz ddr4.

However a lot of people don't. They still using 750ti's and i5 2500k's, etc. So they would then need to spend £600+ upgrading their system which makes no sense if they already own a console which can be bought for like £150 second hand.

Basically you need a decent spec pc to run GTA V otherwise it runs like crap. So it's to let people know don't expect it to play better on your pc if it's not modern and has a decent spec.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
It will run fine on my system. I have a 1080 on my main rig and dual 1070's on my other rig.

I also have latest ryzen and intel cpu's, etc. 3000mhz ddr4.

However a lot of people don't. They still using 750ti's and i5 2500k's, etc. So they would then need to spend £600+ upgrading their system which makes no sense if they already own a console which can be bought for like £150 second hand.

Basically you need a decent spec pc to run GTA V otherwise it runs like crap. So it's to let people know don't expect it to play better on your pc if it's not modern and has a decent spec.

I'm not saying YOUR PC specifically, I'm saying in general. A £600 build will happily run GTA 5 at 1080p/60 at relatively high settings, certainly better than the 30fps it runs on PS4.

Caporegime
I'm not saying YOUR PC specifically, I'm saying in general. A £600 build will happily run GTA 5 at 1080p/60 at relatively high settings, certainly better than the 30fps it runs on PS4.

it's £170 for a decent set of 16gb ddr4. £220 for a 1060 6gb.

leaving £210 for a cpu, mobo, psu, case and hard drive/ssd.

i just don't see how you will get a cpu powerful enough with a £600 budget tbh. granted you could go 8gb of ddr4 but then you would need to lower settings.

so the point stands you need a pretty decent spec to play rdr2

What's this GTA talk got to do with RDR2? :confused:

well they have history of making bad pc ports. when you look at GTA. it's the same company.

so people tempted to go pc should maybe think about their specs first. plus the 2 year wait to port it.

better to buy on console IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
well they have history of making bad pc ports. when you look at GTA. it's the same company.
so people tempted to go pc should maybe think about their specs first. plus the 2 year wait to port it.
better to buy on console IMO.
1. There's nothing wrong with the GTAv "port" to PC. Runs fine.
2. Why do you care? If they want to wait 2 years for a port great. Stop preaching.

Matey here thinks you need a super high end PC to play GTA 5 at 1080p/60FPS. Like speaking to a brick wall.
mate pretty much EVERY topic goes off topic lately... look at the Xbox One X thread
Ah it's Psycho Sonny at it again... :D

Back
Top Bottom