Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Changed to DX12 on first load due to some people saying it performed better but ive had numerous crashes when changing it to full screen.
I'm now running Vulkan and not had a crash since.

1070ti

Associate
The game runs beautifully now, and my recent screenshots (see previous posts) are a testament to the game's visual fidelity.
Games of this caliber are rare, especially in a generation where microtransactions take precedence.

Soldato
Screengrab of the settings without needing to watch the

Will try these settings later if I don't keep crashing in online mode now I've switched back to Vulcan from dx12.

these settings are amazing. Even solved my online dips. Pretty much solid 60fps with the odd dip to 58 every now and again in St Denis but they’r not replicable so I think other factors are at work.

Soldato
I think this might be the most enjoyable release ever for me.

beautiful game with loads of benchmarking fun to be had as well. The digital foundry technical videos are really interesting too.

The fact that both my dad and I are running crash free from the start whilst other people are having lots of problems makes me very thankful plus I can get enough performance to carry on waiting for MS flight sim before I upgrade.

Caporegime
I find myself enjoying this much more when you just sit back, relax and take in the world they've created. I did play through on console but it felt like it was a case of A -> B, mission, B -> A, mission etc etc and always a task to do.

Taking it easy this time around and it's a much better approach and I've uncovered so many things I missed first time around.

Man of Honour
I find myself enjoying this much more when you just sit back, relax and take in the world they've created. I did play through on console but it felt like it was a case of A -> B, mission, B -> A, mission etc etc and always a task to do.

Taking it easy this time around and it's a much better approach and I've uncovered so many things I missed first time around.

Yup, thats what the missus and I are doing, just taking our time with everything, walking everywhere rather than rushing around running. Immersing ourselves in the gameworld. Over 70 hours played in online mode now and still yet to even really start single player

Soldato
I really don't understand the mentality of late where so many consumers are not just complacent about it but even defend the rubbish pushed on them.

I hope you are lumping me in with this.

I do not nor never will, defend any publisher who turns out poor content (as this launch is) I was stating the obvious with regards to preorders or go live adopters withing the PC community (for which I am one).

Some would say R* have dropped the ball on this launch, I would disagree and say this is them down to a t. They have and always will, use the PC community to better their financial position without any real thought for consumers, This is another classic example.

As I said in the post you quoted.

RDR2 has been more than a abysmal launch for some and R* and their current practices means they deserve everything they get from it.

Associate
Vulcan is giving me better performance but get massive stutters, my cpu and ram simply arnt upto the job for 60fps......time for an upgrade.
Thankfully I'm not too fussy and happy enough with 30fps for now.

Associate
0_0.jpg

Who says the game doesn't look good? ;)

Back
Top Bottom