Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
One thing I only noticed last night, is that some npc's respawn even after you kill them. Take for example, the old man sitting on the porch at Emerald Ranch. After taking exception to his rather belligerent attitude, I decided to hurl a stick of dynamite at him. This resulted in the loss of all of his limbs; so obviously dead. I returned 72 hours later only to find him alive again. Makes me wonder if he's integral to a hidden side quest or something.

There are a few like that

Soldato
So, I'm now on chapter 6.

All I can say is I completely get where people are coming from in regards to this being a fine wine.

This is like The Wire of PC video games. I know Rockstar for RDR1, which I couldn't stomach for too long due to the gameplay and drawn out western film setting and GTA (which I've just never been able to get invested and addicted too because the world seems void of any individual NPC personality).

WOW. This game is completly different. The journey I'm on is just insane and beautiful.

Soldato
Been great from launch, but started getting no sound from speakers about 3 days ago, headphones ok. Now cannot get into the single player game at all, just crashes when it finally loads into the world.

usually ERR_GFX_STAT not sure about the last. Also MEM_ERR etc etc etc.

I can however get into the online game. It was complaining after the crash that the virtual memory was the problem and so I increased my pagefile across drives to 8GB to make sure on top of my 11GB Video memory that it was satisfied. Still no good. Any ideas?

Have you tried verifying the game files?

Soldato
So, I'm now on chapter 6.

All I can say is I completely get where people are coming from in regards to this being a fine wine.

This is like The Wire of PC video games. I know Rockstar for RDR1, which I couldn't stomach for too long due to the gameplay and drawn out western film setting and GTA (which I've just never been able to get invested and addicted too because the world seems void of any individual NPC personality).

Agreed. I've actually thought most of the GTA games have been overrated as the cities are well crafted but quite boring. Whereas RDR2 I have already passed my GTA:V play time and I still keep wanting to go back (I have nothing but 3 day weeks for the next 8 weeks so I'll hammer it then) and even though it's a sparse world, there always seems to be something to check out.

It's not really a fair comparison to GTA:V as that was a game from the previous generation but it's such a good game.

Associate
This is more the price I was waiting for. I will pick this up!

maybe worth looking at the ultimate edition on cdkeys for £2 more
the pricing is a bit odd

standard £31.99
special edition £33.79
ultimate edition £33.99

edit : loving the random encounters in this game.. was riding along last night and saw someone tending to his horse's feet.. well i stopped to see if he needed help, he looked up, his horse kicked him in the head, killing him and then ran off

Associate
edit : loving the random encounters in this game.. was riding along last night and saw someone tending to his horse's feet.. well i stopped to see if he needed help, he looked up, his horse kicked him in the head, killing him and then ran off

Happened to me aswell. I laughed but then some randomer came along and then said I killed him...I made sure he didn’t talk...

Man of Honour
the pricing is a bit odd

standard £31.99
special edition £33.79
ultimate edition £33.99

Cool didn't realise that. For £2, no brainer really ta.

Caporegime
Will using a trainer (infinite ammo, no reload etc) in story mode screw things up if auto save is enabled?

Went on a bit of a immortal unlimited ammo rampage earlier (epic fun!) for a good hour or so, then realised auto save was on..... :o

Soldato
Will using a trainer (infinite ammo, no reload etc) in story mode screw things up if auto save is enabled?

Went on a bit of a immortal unlimited ammo rampage earlier (epic fun!) for a good hour or so, then realised auto save was on..... :o

Not sure about a trainer but there are cheat codes you can enter in one of the menu screens I believe. Not used them myself.

Soldato
the pricing is a bit odd

standard £31.99
special edition £33.79
ultimate edition £33.99

Prices are dropping now. Ultimate was £42 last week or I would have bought that is stead I got standard for the well worth price of £32

Back
Top Bottom