Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I went to play this and I can't find it in my R* Launcher... I don't have it on Steam either.

Only RDR2 Online comes up and I don't play online. What's going on? It' asking me to buy it but I have bought it...

Edit: Doh. Epic Games launcher of course.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have just started playing this and kinda stuck.

I'm in the first town and just had a punch up with some big dude. Told to get myself cleaned up but not sure what to do from here. My camp is quite a trek away and I don't have a horse. A biographer has given me some pictures of gunslingers to track down but the first one is miles away.

Not to sound thick but do I just pinch a horse and crack on? I want to like the game but I'm a bit cool on it at the moment. My guy has also started to walk on a bit of a wonk. Looks tired. Does he need sleep or food? :D

Permabanned
Have just started playing this and kinda stuck.

I'm in the first town and just had a punch up with some big dude. Told to get myself cleaned up but not sure what to do from here. My camp is quite a trek away and I don't have a horse. A biographer has given me some pictures of gunslingers to track down but the first one is miles away.

Not to sound thick but do I just pinch a horse and crack on? I want to like the game but I'm a bit cool on it at the moment. My guy has also started to walk on a bit of a wonk. Looks tired. Does he need sleep or food? :D

Yes just steal a horse. You can pay off the bounty at a post office.

You get 20 grand after 70 missions or so you can buy a horse then

Soldato
Been stuck for something to play and bought this on release for the online but never bothered properly with the story, put it back on recently and after 80 hours I'm kicking myself for not playing through this sooner, this has been one of the best stories I've played ever, I can't remember the last game to get the emoticons this did out of me. Arthur's death has to be the hardest hitting death in a game for me, didn't expect a game to bring me to tears but after playing him for so long and seeing how his character evolved after the TB set in was done right Story missions, side missions, random encounters as you explore all had unique and memorable characters, no quest felt the same and apart from hunting after a while for camp upgrades I haven't been bored once playing this.

The vistas to look out at when roaming the wilderness haven't been matched by anything that was released after this, everytime I came to a stop it felt like it could easily be a painting.

Zero crashes whilst playing so the patches since launch have fixed the random ctd that used to happen.

Permabanned
Been stuck for something to play and bought this on release for the online but never bothered properly with the story, put it back on recently and after 80 hours I'm kicking myself for not playing through this sooner, this has been one of the best stories I've played ever, I can't remember the last game to get the emoticons this did out of me. Arthur's death has to be the hardest hitting death in a game for me, didn't expect a game to bring me to tears but after playing him for so long and seeing how his character evolved after the TB set in was done right Story missions, side missions, random encounters as you explore all had unique and memorable characters, no quest felt the same and apart from hunting after a while for camp upgrades I haven't been bored once playing this.

The vistas to look out at when roaming the wilderness haven't been matched by anything that was released after this, everytime I came to a stop it felt like it could easily be a painting.

Zero crashes whilst playing so the patches since launch have fixed the random ctd that used to happen.

Haha.

Anyway I'm 93% complete. It's so tedious I doubt I'll ever get it done.

Soldato
Resurrecting. I've just picked up RDR2 on Epic Games for like £13. Not played it before but before I start I notice there is a decent modding community for this. Any must have recommendations from anyone?

Also, I have a 360 controller. Controller vs Keyboard/Mouse?

Last edited:
Soldato
Resurrecting. I've just picked up RDR2 on Epic Games for like £13. Not played it before but before I start I notice there is a decent modding community for this. Any must have recommendations from anyone?

Controller all the way.

KB/M you get no analogue movement or force feedback.

Plus, the game was designed around a controller.

Soldato
@Richeh

I'd highly recommend this torch mod, can't believe this isn't an actual feature in game.

Associate

Just bought it from Epic Store as well.

Using an Xbox controller too, which is fully supported.

Caporegime
another supposedly great game I haven't been bothered with.
Bother with it, it’s GTA V in the Wild West, meaning if you want to go full on into the story etc, you can and it’s great, if you just want to explore and enjoy the wonderful scenery and what’s going on in general, you can also.

One of my favourites certainly.

Back
Top Bottom