Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Yep, it's impressive how polished it is, really hoping they can carry the same level of finish in to GTA6!

I thought I'd nearly finished the story when....

I ended up on that island, didn't know it goes back to the mainland or that the epilogue was so long
....but actually only about half way!

One thing I do find quite grating about it is the bounty system, especially early on when money was tight..... I had a similar experience in Skyrim when I accidentally kicked a chicken in the first town and then couldn't go back there for ages until I'd found enough stuff to raise the bounty money :D
There are YouTube videos comparing the physics and realism of RDR2 to every other open world games including Starfield and nothing comes close and it is laughable how worlds apart they are lol.

Remember RDR2 was a last gen title. GTA6 will be a current gen title so it should even surpass RDR2

Soldato
was looking at this game over the weekend as it was on offer at £12.99 ar cdkeys but ended up buying cyberpunk for £19.99 instead but tbh not enjoying it at all.....too complicated for an old man....to many buttons to look at....just want to shoot thing nowadays.....is the rdr2 easier to play?
It's not a shooter. When I was playing RDR2 I'm not gonna lie sometimes I switched it off and hoped into CSGO because I just wanted to run and gun. The beauty of RDR2 is taking it slow, exploring and interacting with the world, and thats not even including the storyline.

I played RDR2 during Covid lockdowns and boy am I glad I did. I got linked into the soundtrack last week and that brought back some memories. I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" nowadays because I dont have time to play regularly (bar the odd bit of CS) but it's an incredible game that everyone should play.

Soldato
It is one of the few games that i would deem a proper work of art/a masterpiece.

Beautifully crafted, and brilliant from a technical perspective. They built a properly realistic feeling and absorbing world.
Aye it really made me feel like I was in a western.

a friend said that but GTA5 is another game I have never played. May just bite the bullet and give it a go!....no pun intended lol
If you do give this game a go, please don't judge it based on the first couple of hours. That's where I went wrong.

Soldato
It's not a shooter. When I was playing RDR2 I'm not gonna lie sometimes I switched it off and hoped into CSGO because I just wanted to run and gun. The beauty of RDR2 is taking it slow, exploring and interacting with the world, and thats not even including the storyline.

I played RDR2 during Covid lockdowns and boy am I glad I did. I got linked into the soundtrack last week and that brought back some memories. I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" nowadays because I dont have time to play regularly (bar the odd bit of CS) but it's an incredible game that everyone should play.
Oh 100% agree. This is a game to get lost in the world and take in the sights .... and occasionally rob a carriage or two :cry:

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah, plenty of FPS games out there if that's your thing.

This game is about the story, the characters, the hunting, the atmosphere, the exploration and just taking in the beautiful sights.

For me I always end up returning back to it if I just want to unwind and get lost in one of the most realistic open world games ever made :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished the main story after 105 hours of gameplay, it was exceptionally good. With this and GTA, Rockstar Games produce some of the most detailed and fantastic game environments. So much going on in them, it's too easy to get side-tracked from the main story. Not without a few annoyances though, as someone else said there are far too many clicks to navigate the menus, and the horse riding is a little clumsy, and the bounty system is annoying.
I'm now onto the epilogue and whilst I will continue, I just want to go back and load a game from before the last mission, and continue to play as Arthur. At this point I don't care about John, I just want my old horse and go fishing and hunting. Do people play on past the epilogues as John, or go back to Arthur?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished the main story after 105 hours of gameplay, it was exceptionally good. With this and GTA, Rockstar Games produce some of the most detailed and fantastic game environments. So much going on in them, it's too easy to get side-tracked from the main story. Not without a few annoyances though, as someone else said there are far too many clicks to navigate the menus, and the horse riding is a little clumsy, and the bounty system is annoying.
I'm now onto the epilogue and whilst I will continue, I just want to go back and load a game from before the last mission, and continue to play as Arthur. At this point I don't care about John, I just want my old horse and go fishing and hunting. Do people play on past the epilogues as John, or go back to Arthur?
It is always good practice to make a hard save at the start of both Chapter 2 and 3, so you can revisit either and just play infinitely - as long as you avoid the final yellow mission for that chapter. Chapter 3 is better because you've got the added element of fishing having been added and more encounters unlocked.

What I did back during release was I abused a gold bar dupe glitch, giving me some 800k and I then got most of the satchel upgrades and made a hard save in Chapter 2 or 3. I then use that save as my 'NG+' if I want to start over.

I am currently doing an extended John playthrough on the PS5. Can't believe I've got 798hrs clocked since release.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is quite incredible what Rockstar achieved with RDR2's world, I don't think ANY title comes close.

Your character for once isn't the focus of your surrounding environment as you move around. You are a part of this living world. You could use binoculars and see nature taking place from miles away (birds feeding on animals etc). The lighting engine combined with the weather system is just unmatched imo. After I come home from work, I just jump into the game (PS5) and get lost in world for about an hour or so.

The only game that comes close is Horizon world wise but that is a post apoc world ravaged by the aftermath of what machines did to it.

Associate
Ive reinstalled but wondering if i should restart a new game?
Epic launcher says i have 10 hours played but i really dont remember being far into the main story as i think most of my times was skyrim-ing it just roaming about doing random stuff.
I got distracted by other games hence why i stopped playing.

Last edited:
Associate
Ive reinstalled but wondering if i should restart a new game?
Epic launcher says i have 10 hours played but i really dont remember being far into the main story as i think most of my times was skyrim-ing it just roaming about doing random stuff.
I got distracted by other games hence why i stopped playing.
10 hours to I'd start again. I have 100+ and I've only done a few story bits and haven't even been to a big town. Done a lot of wandering, self-guided role playing (which is the best bit of the game IMO!) and taking it all in :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom