Red Dead Redemption 2

Permabanned
Shame PC gamers don't get to find out and wasn't there one point where there was talk of a Remake of the 1st game but it ended up just being a straight port of the 360/PS3 version for the Switch/PS4/5?
Yeah I cant believe they just bodged that 'remaster/remake' on the consoles recently, when I vaguely heard about it, I thought they'd meant they were remaking 1 using 2's engine, so that would have been amazing, considering 2 is a prequel to 1 - on the plus side at least that means you haven't missed out on anything on the PC story wise as 2 is actually 1... Mind blown haha!

Associate
Yeah I cant believe they just bodged that 'remaster/remake' on the consoles recently, when I vaguely heard about it, I thought they'd meant they were remaking 1 using 2's engine, so that would have been amazing, considering 2 is a prequel to 1 - on the plus side at least that means you haven't missed out on anything on the PC story wise as 2 is actually 1... Mind blown haha!
Yeah, most people thought the 1st game was going to be remade using the 2' engine but the worst wasn't that it was just a straight port, but why couldn't they have also released it on the PC along side the Switch and PS4/5 versions - I thought the 2nd game sold well on the PC?

Soldato
Tempted by the steam sale at just under £20. Not played RDR1, does that matter?
Doesn't really matter, in fact RDR2 is actually a prequel to RDR1 and it makes sense to play RDR2 first.

I would highly recommend it, probably one of my top all time games.

Permabanned
Yeah, most people thought the 1st game was going to be remade using the 2' engine but the worst wasn't that it was just a straight port, but why couldn't they have also released it on the PC along side the Switch and PS4/5 versions - I thought the 2nd game sold well on the PC?
Yeah, talk about a major WASTE of an opportunity, normally rockstar would be keen to cash in on that, makes no sense does it!

Associate
Associate
was looking at this game over the weekend as it was on offer at £12.99 ar cdkeys but ended up buying cyberpunk for £19.99 instead but tbh not enjoying it at all.....too complicated for an old man....to many buttons to look at....just want to shoot thing nowadays.....is the rdr2 easier to play?

Soldato
was looking at this game over the weekend as it was on offer at £12.99 ar cdkeys but ended up buying cyberpunk for £19.99 instead but tbh not enjoying it at all.....too complicated for an old man....to many buttons to look at....just want to shoot thing nowadays.....is the rdr2 easier to play?
It plays very much like GTA5, but with horses for cars. So if you get on with GTA I think you’ll be fine with red dead2

Associate
There's been loads (even just counting the ones where the developer had Rockstar in the name!), the ones that immediately sprang to my mind were 'state of emergency' and their table tennis game on 360. I also wasn't aware Manhunt had been on PC as well as console

Ah yes, completely forgot about state of emergency and the table tennis on the 360 and can't say I'd want a port of either TBH :)

Soldato
Finished the story tonight! Loved it.

What a fantastic game. Now I know why it's loved by so many.

The story was great. It really sucked me in and had me playing longer than I should've on week nights.

I loved the characters and the world. It's such a lovely looking game and the animations are fantastic. I only did 2 or maybe 3 side missions (the white markers) but still managed to keep me entertained for 55 hours, there's still tons to do. I just wanted to know what the next part of the story was.
Loved the bullet time slow mo stuff. I was trying for head shots all the time, didn't always get them though, especially while riding a horse. Speaking of horses, I got quite attached to mine. Gave a wee brush and a carrot now and again. It was nice. At one point I even said out loud "sorry" when I smashed into a tree and we went flying.

Not a perfect game though. I found myself kind of drifting off during the long horse rides between mission objectives. There's only a handful of really long ones so it wasn't too bad. Saving the game made me die a little inside every time. Jesus ******* christ, the amount of clicks and pressing escape just to save the game was ridiculous! F5 Rockstar, F5! Some of the missions felt like they were on rails and I was just pressing F or R to advance to the next stage.

Overall, loved it and glad I had a 2nd go at it.

A game everyone should try.

9/10

Understand what you mean about the menu clunkyness, it can be a right pain at times.

I completed the story ages ago but I've been going back to the game recently to complete all the side quests and challenges to upgrade my character that for some reason I didn't do any of the first time round! I also rarely completed any of the hunting challenges either. Its just such a good game for chilling out to and enjoying the graphics and pottering round doing a little bit of whatever you fancy.

I absolutely LOVE this game will go so far as to say it is a modern masterpiece, despite some of its clunky menus and movement mechanics.

Caporegime

I was really hoping for that as id never played the first.

They could have made a fortune i reckon.

Caporegime
Finished the story tonight! Loved it.

What a fantastic game. Now I know why it's loved by so many.

The story was great. It really sucked me in and had me playing longer than I should've on week nights.

I loved the characters and the world. It's such a lovely looking game and the animations are fantastic. I only did 2 or maybe 3 side missions (the white markers) but still managed to keep me entertained for 55 hours, there's still tons to do. I just wanted to know what the next part of the story was.
Loved the bullet time slow mo stuff. I was trying for head shots all the time, didn't always get them though, especially while riding a horse. Speaking of horses, I got quite attached to mine. Gave a wee brush and a carrot now and again. It was nice. At one point I even said out loud "sorry" when I smashed into a tree and we went flying.

Not a perfect game though. I found myself kind of drifting off during the long horse rides between mission objectives. There's only a handful of really long ones so it wasn't too bad. Saving the game made me die a little inside every time. Jesus ******* christ, the amount of clicks and pressing escape just to save the game was ridiculous! F5 Rockstar, F5! Some of the missions felt like they were on rails and I was just pressing F or R to advance to the next stage.

Overall, loved it and glad I had a 2nd go at it.

A game everyone should try.

9/10

It is one of the few games that i would deem a proper work of art/a masterpiece.

Beautifully crafted, and brilliant from a technical perspective. They built a properly realistic feeling and absorbing world.

Last edited:
Associate
It is one of the few games that i would deem a proper work of art/a masterpiece.

Beautifully crafted, and brilliant from a technical perspective. They built a properly realistic feeling and absorbing world.
Yep, it's impressive how polished it is, really hoping they can carry the same level of finish in to GTA6!

I thought I'd nearly finished the story when....

I ended up on that island, didn't know it goes back to the mainland or that the epilogue was so long
....but actually only about half way!

One thing I do find quite grating about it is the bounty system, especially early on when money was tight..... I had a similar experience in Skyrim when I accidentally kicked a chicken in the first town and then couldn't go back there for ages until I'd found enough stuff to raise the bounty money :D

Back
Top Bottom