Red Dead Redemption 2

I was playing this last night with a drink in me and I'm not sure if I heard him right but ...

He want's to basically rob Dutch? I know Dutch is starting to lose it but I never saw this coming. I wonder where the story will go. I stopped there for the night.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this story plays out. What a game.

Been through this game a few times, think Xbox One first then PC (twice). I might install it again for another go as I don’t have anything else I want to play.

hmm i done the first few snowy mission, robbed a train i think then went into a more open town where you can help someone with a broken down horse and cart, never went back to it though, might have to now, not a huge fan of the save system, poor check points and no manual saves from i remember from the rockstar social app, i could literally have done a good chunk of gameplay and wouldnt save, found it frustrating

Last edited:
hmm i done the first few snowy mission, robbed a train i think then went into a more open town where you can help someone with a broken down horse and cart, never went back to it though, might have to now, not a huge fan of the save system, poor check points and no manual saves from i remember from the rockstar social app, i could literally have done a good chunk of gameplay and wouldnt save, found it frustrating
The first snowy bit is not great, probably put a lot of people off the game, it gets a lot better. Think you can save at almost any point. I created a save so I could skip the first snowy bit for new games as its slow and a bit rubbish.

The first snowy bit is not great, probably put a lot of people off the game, it gets a lot better. Think you can save at almost any point. I created a save so I could skip the first snowy bit for new games as its slow and a bit rubbish.
Yeah, the start of the game is slow but it does get better and is worth playing IMO.

Finished completing RDR1 and will be moving on to this once the weather gets a bit cooler. I bought it for the PS4 but never really got into playing it.

Last edited:
Finished the story tonight! Loved it.

What a fantastic game. Now I know why it's loved by so many.

The story was great. It really sucked me in and had me playing longer than I should've on week nights.

I loved the characters and the world. It's such a lovely looking game and the animations are fantastic. I only did 2 or maybe 3 side missions (the white markers) but still managed to keep me entertained for 55 hours, there's still tons to do. I just wanted to know what the next part of the story was.
Loved the bullet time slow mo stuff. I was trying for head shots all the time, didn't always get them though, especially while riding a horse. Speaking of horses, I got quite attached to mine. Gave a wee brush and a carrot now and again. It was nice. At one point I even said out loud "sorry" when I smashed into a tree and we went flying.

Not a perfect game though. I found myself kind of drifting off during the long horse rides between mission objectives. There's only a handful of really long ones so it wasn't too bad. Saving the game made me die a little inside every time. Jesus ******* christ, the amount of clicks and pressing escape just to save the game was ridiculous! F5 Rockstar, F5! Some of the missions felt like they were on rails and I was just pressing F or R to advance to the next stage.

Overall, loved it and glad I had a 2nd go at it.

A game everyone should try.

9/10

Is anyone still playing this on a 6000 series AMD card?

Just installed a 6800 in a family members PC and have SAM enabled and the game has a memory leak. After an hour or so VRAM usage is over 14GB!

Disable SAM and it stays around 5.5GB for hours.

I've tried the latest drivers and an older one, I can find a few threads about it online but not as many as you would expect if it's a wide issue. So thinking there's something unique in the settings they are using.

Is anyone still playing this on a 6000 series AMD card?

Just installed a 6800 in a family members PC and have SAM enabled and the game has a memory leak. After an hour or so VRAM usage is over 14GB!

Disable SAM and it stays around 5.5GB for hours.

I've tried the latest drivers and an older one, I can find a few threads about it online but not as many as you would expect if it's a wide issue. So thinking there's something unique in the settings they are using.
Just checked and I don't have SAM enabled. I updated the BIOS at the start of this year which must have changed the settings. I've been running with no SAM and crap memory speeds for about 7 months. What an eejit!

All enabled again and I will jump on this and see where my VRAM goes to, running a 6700XT.

Been meaning to rob a train outside of the main story anway, so this is a nice excuse :D

I don't know about memory leaks but with SAM enabled my game kept crashing after playing for a while usually in the same places, disabled SAM and it plays perfectly now

I've put 55 hours into this game with SAM disabled. I wasn't looking at vram usage so I have no idea how much it used before enabling SAM 30 minutes ago.

vram usage started at about 4.5GB but has gone up to 12GB as of just now, which is the lot on this card.

2GjQ6DC.jpg

Last edited:
I've put 55 hours into this game with SAM disabled. I wasn't looking at vram usage so I have no idea how much it used before enabling SAM 30 minutes ago.

vram usage started at about 4.5GB but has gone up to 12GB as of just now, which is the lot on this card.

2GjQ6DC.jpg

That's maxed out for that card right? Did it crash?

Thanks for checking that for me I won't waste too much time messing at my end if it happens to other people to.

I upgraded their PC for starfield so I'll have to tell them to enable it again when they start starfield.

Back
Top Bottom