1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by RoosterC, Oct 4, 2019.

1. JOSH

Sgarrista

Yup getting the same.

2. FredFlint

Wise Guy

Just had a small game update.

3. RobPot

Gangster

Both on E:/, but ruunning the Launcher as admin at least started the game, until it stopped...
    Thanks for the tip :)

4. ceaton88

Hitman

[​IMG]

I am running on the lower end of Balanced now so basically Ultra textures and everything else Medium/Low.

5. Goose

Mobster

I'm playing with gfx settings on 'Balanced' with my Vega 64 at 1440p my OSD is saying my FPS never drops below 60. Thing is I keep experiencing what I perceive to FPS drops but my OSD never budges from 60 fps. I dont know if the OSD isn't reading things properly or something else is going on.

6. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

Game runs like an unplayable bag of crap. Started out at near 100fps, then its now dipped to 28fps and stuck there with the GPU at under 40% utilisation. Wtf...

7. olliej82

Gangster

If this is true then what a huge disappointment, the game has come to pc a whole year later than console. The performance should be far better.

8. McBain

Capodecina

80MB patch has just come down for me, hasn't fixed **** though. I have the launcher exit problem.

9. Strudders

Mobster

I seem to be lucky. No issues here and solid 60fps 1080p performance with my 980Ti

Stuff is turned down but looks great.

My settings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Tombstone

Capodecina

This is the problem with PCs compared to consoles, on consoles everyone has the same hardware and software. Take even just this last page or so, you have some people saying its running smoothly and others saying its unplayable or doesnt run at all. Must be a nightmare for PC devs

11. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

and this is why I was fine waiting for the Steam release. Get the issues ironed out and i'll play it at Christmas. It's not like I haven't played it, got 70% of trophies on PS4 so I can wait for bugs and patches to roll out.

12. Bishie

Wise Guy

I appreciate your concern, but thankfully the game runs via the launcher, I just prefer to use desktop shortcuts for my games!

13. Len Dananey

Gangster

I don't understand why you are all getting issues? I am maxed out at 1440p here and has not dipped under 120fps once. I do use 2 x 1080ti's and overclocked cpu but you guys should be able to run this easily with newer cards with decent FPS. I wonder if a program is making the game run crap or something in the background? One of the smoothest experiences I have played on PC for years from release. If I can help I will.

14. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

Just got home and decrypted, all working. Was not expecting to be so lucky!

15. ScoTTyBEEE

Wise Guy

16. Strudders

Mobster

Just had a 85 Mb update....

17. A Man Called Sun

Associate

HDR is a mess. Everything is so damn dark even after maxing out the HDR brightness settings.

Ah well. Hopefully they fix it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. P1Fanatic

Hitman

Another one who had the crashing part way through the intro scene. None of the Rockstar suggestions made any difference. Changed to DX12 and its running ok now.

19. no_1_dave

Soldato

Think I'll wait for Steam release once all the bugs are ironed out and OCUK has had a good Black Friday offer on 2080TI's *cough* :)

20. jpm

Wise Guy

Same getting pretty annoying now.