Red Dead Redemption on PC - 29/10/24

So super tempted with this......mainly though to play on my deck.

This will be a quadruple dip for me, if I pull the trigger

1)PS3 original
2)Switch
3)PS5 (for the 60fps option)
4)And this

It was fun at the time. I played it on the xbox 360 at release about 14 years ago now.
I'm tempted to set up the old 360 to play this again... I didn't get far into it the first time as the controls narked me off... I think it was shooting the stage coach driver instead of asking him a question / getting on board was the last controls "hiccup" that caused ejection of controller from hands.

Not even played 2 yet really as i played it for a bit then got to camp then got bored of all the farting around i had to do instead of just wanting to do missions like gta but in the west style. :/ Tho only bought it cos it was rs and they do story based games well as in loads of interesting missions generally.

May get this one day if cheap like 15 or under but in no rush got loads of others bought and yet to properly play yet. :p
Same here, I got the camp and the story line felt too linear, and had to spend too long riding to places to do silly little missions.

Wasn't bad in GTA as you could speed there in a car with the radio on, but just dragged a bit for me in RDR2 :(

Same here, I got the camp and the story line felt too linear, and had to spend too long riding to places to do silly little missions.

Wasn't bad in GTA as you could speed there in a car with the radio on, but just dragged a bit for me in RDR2 :(
This is the stage I'm at with RDR2 and strugglign to motivate myself to take it further.
I found the thing in the cliff not too far from the camp, but wondered how long the wandering around without a real purpose lasts for before a decent story kicks in?

This is the stage I'm at with RDR2 and strugglign to motivate myself to take it further.
I found the thing in the cliff not too far from the camp, but wondered how long the wandering around without a real purpose lasts for before a decent story kicks in?

I stopped played a good 6 months or so ago now, so can't remember where I got to.

Seemed to just be a bit "Go here, now go here, now go here..."

Sure it's a great game once you sink the time into it, but maybe GTA having cars/planes/bikes meaning you can just get lost driving around quickly and doing random things appeals to my short attention span more :cry:

I stopped played a good 6 months or so ago now, so can't remember where I got to.

Seemed to just be a bit "Go here, now go here, now go here..."

Sure it's a great game once you sink the time into it, but maybe GTA having cars/planes/bikes meaning you can just get lost driving around quickly and doing random things appeals to my short attention span more :cry:

Stick with it… I was exactly the same as you, hence why I’m only just finishing it but it has become one of my fave games of all time. It really is fantastic if you allow yourself to get past the initial journey. The travelling also became enjoyable as so much happens on the road.

Stick with it… I was exactly the same as you, hence why I’m only just finishing it but it has become one of my fave games of all time. It really is fantastic if you allow yourself to get past the initial journey. The travelling also became enjoyable as so much happens on the road.

Do you know if it runs ok on the SteamDeck? Going to Australia for a while next year so this could be the thing that makes me buy a SteamDeck :cry:

Just taken a look at the steam page. Love how the system requirements are higher than RDR2, but in comparison to RDR2's 150gb of storage, it's only 12gb.

What's the chances that it's just the xbox 360 version with a good emulator? ;) :cry:

Only game I've ever fully 100% including all side missions, etc. That was on the inferior PS3 version too.

Way too many games to catch up on to justify another run through on PC, would rather do RDR2 again tbh.

Back
Top Bottom