Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Bah, played a few rounds in this now and definately not for me, still retains the "clunky" feel of the other game. Nothing really seems smooth for some reason, like everythings exaggerated in a slow manner. :(
When 2 riflemen get into close quarters it just looks farsical, like theyre dancing around each other trying shots from the hip, which seems quicker than pulling out the pistol for the most part.

Gonna try and get a refund on this but i dunno if i can seeing as ive already accessed the beta.

Last edited:
Was all set to buy this now ive read a bit of feedback from the Beta glad i didnt pre order now. Gutted sounded like a game with great potential.

Shame it feels like your running round in porridge.

I should've listened to DG and not purchased it on pre-order i guess, i had my doubts with the footage. Yes I KNOW it's beta but some things will take a lot longer to fix before the retail date

I should've listened to DG and not purchased it on pre-order i guess, i had my doubts with the footage. Yes I KNOW it's beta but some things will take a lot longer to fix before the retail date

So you've played it? What specifically don't you like about it?

I'm still wondering about pre-purchasing this to try out the beta. If you don't like aspects of it, how similar are they to the original?

Had 30 minutes this morning before work and enjoyed it. I like the grittyness of it and lack of perks etc. Seems a bit sluggish at the moment, not sure if its the mouse or the fx settings.

I'm also interested in some better feedback from the people who don't like it.
Never really played the first but the game does sound up my street, been looking forward to the release of this and was going to be the game that tied me over to BF3.

beta out now?

Welcome to the party.

It's very similar to the first one in terms of how fast it is, I'm enjoying it once they iron out some of the issues. I've had a couple of crashes, loss of sound, random target marker on my screen like you see in the tactical maps.
If you didn't enjoy the first or you enjoy fast paced FPS, then your a moron for pre-ordering it.

Went home and tried this on my lunch, crashed to desktop 3 times from server browser, then crashed once when I actually managed to get into a game :|

Obviously it's beta but will try again when I get home, really excited to actually play it as I loved the first one!

Ive played for an hour or so and apart from a few ctd and server browser being buggy I really like it. I played the original but barely so i cant compare it really but I like the look and feel but it does need work

Im loving it, after playing the original for years, this is an excellent sequal. Only two things that are annoying;

1. The breathing while aiming.
2. The voice acting, rather it be in german/russian.

Also some of the death sounds are too funny (which they shouldn't be imho).

All in all tho excellent tactical (sort of) shooter.

Yeah i have to agree it doesnt bode well how often it crashes for me being so close to release. I had about an hour crash free and now it always crashes so Im gonna give up for now and play later hoping it will be patched a lot when i come back tonight

Back
Top Bottom