Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

I always thought the first game was 'like walking in porridge' but once you get used to the movement and the mechanics of the game it's easyyyy.

Won't be able to play this game unless it take the PC to uni and i probably won't.

:(

The game is very much what I expected although it is pretty damn demanding (a [email protected] + ATI 6970 won't cut it at *full* details and 1920x1080, had to drop quite a few details to high) and the 64 servers seem to require quite ridiculous amount of server CPU power.

Disappointing. The visuals dont even look that great judging by any footage I've seen but the movement I saw did make me wonder how fluid the gameplay is.

Good god if people want a refund then perhaps they should have played the first at least a little bit before pre-ordering this...or atleast watched some footage of gameplay.

Yes, how dare anyone want to actually try a new version of a game before making their minds up as to if they liked it or not. Clearly the best action is to play an older version which may not play like the newer version, or look at videos and base judgements on those alone....

Yes, how dare anyone want to actually try a new version of a game before making their minds up as to if they liked it or not. Clearly the best action is to play an older version which may not play like the newer version, or look at videos and base judgements on those alone....

Lol

Srsly?

Why not wait for a demo?

Well if information is thin on the ground then dont pre-order? Surely playing the first game would give you an idea of what the devs were going for as would reading about both games and watching the multitude of gameplay videos. Preordering just so you get to play on a buggy beta is hardly a good way to try out a game. Chances are Tripwire will come out with a demo anyway.

Lol

Srsly?

Why not wait for a demo?

Well if information is thin on the ground then dont pre-order? Surely playing the first game would give you an idea of what the devs were going for as would reading about both games and watching the multitude of gameplay videos. Preordering just so you get to play on a buggy beta is hardly a good way to try out a game. Chances are Tripwire will come out with a demo anyway.

Demos these days are thin on the ground, one of the reasons this beta was delayed was they wanted to get it as bug free as possible so it pretty much is a demo regardless of the beta tag.

To get the server browser to load a bit quicker spam the f5 key, I was having all sorts of problems with it crashing finding servers and abussing that key seemed to stop it.... woo I got my internetz back :D

Been playing the beta today and it feels fantastic. Still a few bugs ive noticed but thats to be expected with a beta.

Server browser needs some work, seems to lag loads when trying to refresh thats my only big gripe with it atm. The audio cut out once which was a tad annoying but apart from that its not actually crashed yet, knock on wood.

Grrr I don't like that I can not run it on full settings. 1055t and 470 stock, will overclock a bit both of them see if that helps.

Well game is good but assault machine guns seems to be less effective from the hip compared to the original I found. I don't like the bleeding thing, I predict there will be a lot of double deaths. As in you and enemy shoot each other and both die because if you get shot not in a critical place you will slowly die giving you time to kill the person who shot you.

Also really is annoying to unload full magazine point blank into an enemy but because it's from the hip the enemy lives. In RO1 shooting from the hip in close combat was not accurate but still very deadly.

So far because of graphics (they don't look amazing yet require a lot to run) and changes to power of weapons I don't like. Game feels buggy also to me I was expecting it to be less buggy seen as this is a "demo" not a "beta". Hopefully they will be able to fix everything by the time the game is released.

Still keeping my pre-order, I generally don't like change so maybe its just me and I need to get used to it.

So far so good actually, only played on one map so far. But the power of weapons still buggs me a lot, weapons in RO1 felt much much much more powerful both from hip and iron sight...or am I being crazy?

If you like a dull & bland boring game with slower gameplay than a snail then this is the game for you.

Looks like its from about 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom