Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
Really high hopes for this as i liked the first one and the fact it is actually a pc exclusive will mean no console restrictions/dumbing down

Associate
OP
Yeah some of the blog stuff is quite interesting/exciting.

One bit in this weeks one, that there will be the choice between choosing native Russian & German voices or having it in English, is a really nice addition imo.

I know other games have done it before but its always good having the choice between immersion and being able to understand the more complicated voice commands without reading the text pop up in the chat box, depending on what you want.

Soldato
Really looks amazing but deffo needs more exposure. It seems to have pretty much everything going for it.

Omg! It's getting a nam mod, look at that terrain and wheather system.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah tbh one of the best things about RO was its mod support (aside from downloading 44_winter_grenadier_uniform and its twenty or so cousins each time you joined some servers :p) and Hoes is already looking promising. You can't argue given that TWI have already given a team of modders (Rising Storm - Pacific Front mod) access to their SDK with the aim of getting it out within a few months of Hoes release, rather than 1-3 years after release like what happens with most mods.

But yeah UE3 + RO mechanics could make a kick ass Vietnam mod/game.

Associate
Really looks amazing but deffo needs more exposure.

No it doesn't! If we keep hush enough, Activision and EA won't hear about it and **** it all up later on ;)

This title has missed it's release window by a long shot which makes me want it even more. The devs obviously aren't happy with something/it just isn't ready ... great! Us exclusive PC gamers might just get something to really scratch that itch ... finally :)

Caporegime
wish theyd get a decent video of it out

theyve had some beta testers on it so it must be close to a decent playable state.

this is what is worrying me everytime i go back to there forums i get same thing seen from last year really needs to up some footage.

the release date of this is going to be a very big deal and i cant see how it will do anything if it isnt released before bf3 or cod next iteration.

so im going for august or september release. if it aint then its next year :(

Back
Top Bottom