Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

We absolutely just need to go full noise on Iran - nip all this Hamas, Hesbollah, Houthi crap in the bud at the source. Full mobilisation, shock and awe.

I'd rather we didn't all things being equal.

That "victory" gave rise to ISIS and multiple terrorist attacks on European targets (7/7, Bataclan, Christmas Market attacks, London Bridge, Charlie Hebdo and various other car/can attacks etc).

The US and it's Allies have set a precedent of half arsing a delivery of freedom until the next political cycle, or private sector companies have made their profit with no regard for the lives lost or both sides.

Soldato

xnfAWkL.png

Don
Shouldn't we be looking at the reasons behind the Houthi attacks?
You could do back all the way to Ukraine and Russia for that really... war by proxy, well sorta proxy I guess Russia against Ukraine (and the West)... then Western Allies against Houthi, Hamas and sorta Iran (to help Russia)...

Stelly

Soldato
Well that was inevitable wasn't it?

I guess we better fling another billion dollars worth of metal at them.

The problem won't go away as long as the Arabs in the region have access to missiles, whether it's built by them or imported from Russia and China.

Time to just send shipping around Africa permanently, I'm sorry your Chinese goods are gonna cost you a bit more in Europe

Last edited:
Soldato
Would the UK have got involved if the US didn't tell us to? What's your point?

Iran isn't allowed to look out for it's neighbours? None of the western conflicts in the ME have been a success, maybe it's time to stop destabilising the region further.
Iran looking out for its neighbours? Not sure they really care unless it involves using them to further their anti west/Israel nonsense.

Soldato
Exactly, the US has sanctions against Iran because reasons. And they seized an Iranian tanker and took it all the way to Texas and offloaded it, Iran or rather the revolutionary guards because they're always the ones behind this stuff has responded in kind and seized an american tanker.
It's even more amusing that it's the exact same tanker, just now operating under a different name / flag.

Soldato
I must have missed the peaceful marching, all I saw was aggressive anti Israel protests.
Marching for peace != peaceful marching.

Have you actually witnessed a protest in person, or is that just what you've read online?

Israel is allowed to murder children but you're upset about a small minority protesting a bit too passionately.

Last edited:
Associate
I must have missed the peaceful marching, all I saw was aggressive anti Israel protests.

Stop reading your comically biased news sources then, overhwhelming majority of protests have been peaceful.

Literally, millions of people have marched all around the world, to try and make out the majority of them were aggressive is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm gonna disagree here

I didn't say they weren't Muslims or extremist Muslims. I said they aren't doing it because they Muslims. This is about politics between Saudi and Iran, Israel is just some petrol to throw in the fire atm and that list is just the usual crap they all come out with. They are a proxy for Iran and Iran is controlling what they do and supplying the weapons to carry out their orders.

If you think I'm defending extremist Islam here you couldn't be more wrong.

personally I'd send in an expeditionary force and clear them out, but that would take a pair of balls that the current US administration is lacking.

You want the US to get into another war in the ME :eek: They've just got out of one that lasted 20 years and achieved the square root of **** all in the end. This is about keeping sea lanes open and safe, the rest is local politics and should be left to them to sort out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Marching for peace != peaceful marching.

Have you actually witnessed a protest in person, or is that just what you've read online?

Israel is allowed to murder children but you're upset about a small minority protesting a bit too passionately.
Israel shouldn't be allowed to murder anyone, children or adult(not sure why you used the term children, adds a bit of emotion to the spin I guess).

I'm just going off what I've witnessed and there are some quite unsavoury elements from the protests.

Back
Top Bottom