Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
Stop reading your comically biased news sources then, overhwhelming majority of protests have been peaceful.

Literally, millions of people have marched all around the world, to try and make out the majority of them were aggressive is ridiculous.
Not sure you can just assume someone is reading 'comically biased news sources' just because they have a different opinion. You might as well say 'read these biased in my favour news reports instead'.

Soldato
Not sure you can just assume someone is reading 'comically biased news sources' just because they have a different opinion. You might as well say 'read these biased in my favour news reports instead'.
Agreed - and these marches are filled with religious nut jobs who have been bread from birth to believe Jews are the enemy. We are so lucky to have them here. A wholly worrying amount of people are marching under the pretence of peace whilst really it’s just a good chance to have a jolly good racist anti Jewish screaming contest

And no - not everyone behaves this way

Last edited:
Associate

It’s not really about opinions is it, it’s about the rather obvious fact that the majority of protests and protesters have been peaceful. Where is the evidence to support that they have all been aggressive in nature ?

Yes you’ll get some melts turning up with extreme views but what percentage of the hundreds of thousands of people protesting in London (as one example) do you think were being aggressive or chanting death to Jews etc ? It’s obviously a small percentage rather than a majority.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh this is the best post in this thread.

West ham.... lol.

Would the UK have got involved if the US didn't tell us to? What's your point?

Iran isn't allowed to look out for it's neighbours? None of the western conflicts in the ME have been a success, maybe it's time to stop destabilising the region further.

Someone is certainly on the mad mullahs pay roll.

Last edited:
Soldato
You want the US to get into another war in the ME :eek:

If you send Typhoons and F-22's to bomb another country, are you not already in another war in the Middle East?

They've just got out of one that lasted 20 years and achieved the square root of **** all in the end. This is about keeping sea lanes open and safe, the rest is local politics and should be left to them to sort out.

They can't keep the shipping lanes open by dropping a few bombs on a country the size of Yemen, which is more than twice the size of the UK by the way.

Last edited:
If you send Typhoons and F-22's to bomb another country, are you not already in another war in the Middle East?

They can't keep the shipping lanes open by dropping a few bombs on a country the size of Yemen, which is more than twice the size of the UK by the way.

Did they really send F22s? Genuine question since I thought they were not aircraft carrier compatible and they have very very few based outside the US typically

Soldato
No they did not use any F22's, Roar doesn't know what he's talking about as usual

It was USAF Central Command that launched the attacks, not the Carrier Strike group in the area. F-22s would be the logical choice for this type of mission, and it was USAF that conducted the attacks who operate them.

They didn't say, but almost certainly. They have them in the area.

Like I have said many times I live near 2x US bases and the pilots tell me frequently that F22s spending time outside the US is pretty rare all told.
And again, they are not carrier capable from what I heard.

The F35 is far more likely to be used in bombing as opposed to a F22, (F22 is air superiority fighter where as the F35 is multirole).
They could use an F22 if desperate, but it seems a very odd thing to do if more suitable and capable (from a bombing perspective) aircraft were nearby.

I didn't check which carriers the US has nearby, but many have some F35Bs on them now.

So thats just you guessing then and not a confirmed F22 mission.

Back
Top Bottom