Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
Video is from October, nothing has changed in regards to Russia. I swear everyone just wants to default disagree with anything on here. If you think they've withdrawn the F-22 from theatre then show something that says they have

Soldato
Nothing like a good airstrike to get OCUK forum members arguing.
Nah it’s just roar picking the losing argument where he’s objectively wrong but will continue to argue as if he’s right.

You will find Roar of the opposing side of any argument, if the sky was green then he would link us an article with a headline saying it’s blue even though in the article it says it’s green.

Rinse repeat ad infinitum on these forums, it doesn’t matter what it is.

Soldato
Thats because, with the best will in the world, 95% of folks in here don't have a clue but so many are still willing to say with 100% confidence "this is what happened".

Only a very tiny number of us folks in here who are either currently in, or have served in, any military tend to give their knowledge on OcUK (most avoid these threads like the plague TBH) and those with actual knowledge of the current Op won't be telling people about it on here. Then there's a small handful more very knowledgeable non-military people in here who know enough about military tactics, weapons and equipment to be worth listening too but again won't have any first hand knowledge of the current Op.

I try to say that asking questions is always OK such as "do you think they've used XYZ?" when asking about aircraft, weapons, tactics etc but the amount of people in here stating as 100% fact "they've used XYZ" or "they will use XYZ" when XYZ isn't in theatre or isn't capable of whats being suggested etc is extremely high, as it always is in any military thread (looking at you Ukraine thread).

As always, wait 24hrs and see what the military have released to the press for a better idea of the actual events, rather than using this "old wives gossiping over the garden fence" equivalent forum for "Good Gen" :)

I am not sure why you are so gentle. We all know that most people on the internet know ****, and you can't trust anything anyone says.

Changing the subject, if I may make one military suggestion - the next thing we should drop on Yemen is Jeremy Corbyn. Give him a pair of polystyrene wings and call him a guided missile, I don't care, just get it done.

Man of Honour
Feels like UK involvement was token at best with just 4x RAF Eurofighters joining; no military need for us to have been involved at all but as usual trying to give that fig leaf of cover to the idea that the UK is still a relevant global military power.

Soldato
Feels like UK involvement was token at best with just 4x RAF Eurofighters joining; no military need for us to have been involved at all but as usual trying to give that fig leaf of cover to the idea that the UK is still a relevant global military power.

Sounds like desert storm. US didn't need help but other countries just did token contributions. Joint military operations are just for symbolism

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyway, the US just carried out another strike on Yemen, destroying a radar installation with a Tomahawk launched from sea

Associate

Pretty much becuase that’s all we have to offer these days.

The US could have sent a B2 over from their own continent and back again to conduct the strikes without it being anywhere near the theatre, they have that much range and payload.

Soldato
OP
The Houthis are saying the air / missile strikes have been ineffective.

Just out of interest what actually is their motivation? I know they said it was to target Israeli owned ships / Israel-bound ships assisting with the conflict but that appears to be nonsense.

Soldato
The Houthis are saying the air / missile strikes have been ineffective.

Just out of interest what actually is their motivation? I know they said it was to target Israeli owned ships / Israel-bound ships assisting with the conflict but that appears to be nonsense.
I suspect Iran is using it to secure some deals in the back room. “We can make this headache go away if you do this for us” - kind of situation.

Soldato
Would the UK have got involved if the US didn't tell us to? What's your point?

Iran isn't allowed to look out for its neighbours? None of the western conflicts in the ME have been a success, maybe it's time to stop destabilising the region further.

Maybe maybe not, but UK aren’t a puppet of US, like everyone likes to think, UK do have the final say if they get involved in a conflict. US don’t tell us what to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom